Do you need a French term?
FranceTerme is the website dedicated to the terms recommended by the French Language Enrichment Commission and published in the Official Journal of the French Republic. It contains a terminology base of over 8,500 French terms in various scientific and technical fields.
FranceTerm is a basis for new terms Specialized: this is neither a bilingual dictionary nor a general language, although some of these terms have become common. The site also offers recommendations for use on relatively non-specialized concepts, often referred to by an expression in English, for which the Commission d'enrichi de la langue française recalls the variety and richness of the existing French lexicon.
Rendezvous on FranceTerm for:
- look for the official French equivalent of a foreign term like big data, cold case, greenwashing, hate...
- consult the definition of a term like collapsology, disfigurement, financial mule…
- get the list of terms published in a given field,
- subscribe to the newsletter monthly of FranceTerm and be informed of new terms published in Official Journal,
- deposit in the idea box requests or suggestions for new terms that experts might consider,
- download the vocabularies and leaflets presented in the Bookshop,
- download the terms in RTF format and the entire database in format XML.