The Directorate of Cultural Affairs (DAC) of Guadeloupe
Introduction to the CAR
DACs are responsible for implementing, under the authority of the Regional Prefect, the cultural policy defined by the government. They also provide advice and expertise to cultural partners and local authorities in all sectors of the Ministry of Culture.
The Cultural Affairs Directorate of Guadeloupe is responsible for:
- to contribute to the cultural development of Guadeloupe and the Northern Islands alongside other State administrations and in partnership with local authorities;
- to promote, protect, conserve and promote cultural heritage and architecture;
- to support artistic creation, cultural industries and cultural dissemination;
- to ensure the transmission of knowledge and the democratization of culture through artistic teaching and education and the development of audiences and cultural practices.
The Decree No. 2010 – 633 of 8 June 2010 establishes the organisation and tasks of the regional cultural affairs directorates.
Organization of the DAC of Guadeloupe and the Northern Islands
The DAC of Guadeloupe is organized in 3 services:
- the Wealth Division including:
- Urban planning and land law
- Historical Monuments and Architecture Service (SMHA)
- Regional Archaeological Service (SRA)
- the Creation and Transmission Division
- The accounting and legal unit
Directory and organization chart
In order to facilitate the readability of the organization of the DAC of Guadeloupe in all the fields of action that it is responsible for implementing, the DAC provides its interlocutors with a directory-organization chart that contains the contact details of all agents.
Download the directory of the DAC of Guadeloupe
Logo and communication
Grant recipients are required to include the logo of the Department of Cultural Affairs of Guadeloupe and the following written mention «with the support of La Préfecture de la Guadeloupe/ Direction des affaires culturelles» on all communication media relating to the operation (press kit, programme, poster, invitation card, etc.).
Effective August 1, 2022, you can find CAR services at:
DAC of Guadeloupe
476 rue des Pères Blancs