Two out of three French people participate in the Fête de la musique
Ministry of Culture/ Ipsos survey on the perception of the Fête de la Musique by the French
On the occasion of the 36th edition of the Fête de la Musique, the Ministry of Culture conducted a survey thanks to Ipsos' help on the French perception of the Fête de la Musique. The results show how much the French are attached to this annual meeting of 21 June to which two in three French people (64%) intend to participate next 21 June and how lively the spirit of the Fête de la Musique is.
The Festival of Music: a convivial event, an opportunity to gather and exchange
For 96% of those surveyed, the Fête de la Musique is primarily a moment of conviviality. Moreover, they are 93% reported participating in the Party with family and/or friends.
The Festival of Music: an event to discover and open to other music
This great popular festival is also praised for its opening:
• thanks to the variety of musical styles present: there is something for everyone for 92% of French respondents;
• because 91% of French people think it offers the opportunity to discover musical genres that they might not have had the opportunity to listen to otherwise. 84% of them think that the Fête de la Musique allows them to discover new artists.
More than 2 out of 3 French people will leave their homes to enjoy the Fête de la Musique. 72% of French people who go out plan to wander the streets at random; 76% of them do not know in advance what kind of music they will listen to.
The Festival of Music: an event that encourages proximity
Two thirds of the French (66%) know that their commune usually installs a scene, proof of the appropriation by all of the event.
The Fête de la Musique: an event that contributes to the influence of France
The Fête de la Musique is part of the French heritage for 82% of respondents and helps to give a good image of France abroad for 73% of them.
The Festival of Music: an event in line with the habits of young people
While the French participating in the Fête de la Musique are mainly informed by word of mouth and via traditional media (54% and 53% respectively), 30% also do so through social networks, a percentage that reaches 48% for those under 35.
The Ministry of Culture meets the needs of the new generations for the organization of Music Festival:
- with the setting up of an interactive map to easily locate concerts that take place around you, choose events by applying filters such as the style of music, events for young audiences or unusual events,
- with the creation this year of a bot (personalized digital support system) on Facebook Messenger to know the program close to home.
This survey confirms that music is an important part of everyday life
Music is an integral part of the daily life of the French who, for a large majority (62%) listen to music almost every day. If their musical choices are varied, we nevertheless note a predominance for the French variety at 49% and international at 41%. Then follow:
• rock (29%),
• classical music (24%),
• Jazz and blues (23%)
• world music (18%),
• rap and r&b (17%)
• and electronic music (13%).
67% of those planning to take part in the Fête de la Musique say they will do so when they leave home. This percentage even rises to 80% for rock lovers! Among those who will not go out, 28% will watch or listen to programs related to the Music Festival.