A Working Group on Culture and World of Work was set up by the General Secretariat in 2011 to explore actions that can enable culture to invest in the areas of work, to foster the emergence and recognition of the cultural and transformative dimension of work as such, and to highlight culture as an element of social cohesion within the enterprise and the business world as a place of access to culture. The possible fields of intervention: the meeting between the fields of work, social and creation, the representation and the valorization of the usages and professions of the enterprise and the craft, expression through cultural action and amateur practice of technical, economic and social developments in the world of work, languages and plurilingualism within the world of work, analysis and exploitation of the experience of the EC, reflection on the potential developments of their action, particularly towards the cultural and artistic practices of employees in companies, artist residencies within companies for exchanges and sharing of skills between creation and work and the production of collaborative works, dissemination of experiences and good practices (resource centres, website, etc.)
This is a field that has so far been little explored in terms of audience development and new ways of accessing culture.
The findings of EC action today are that of a frequent withdrawal on a simple ticketing function and not on the promotion of a real cultural action, whereas this can be a vector at the same time of social cohesion within the company, collective cultural experiences and personal development.
The work and the actions supported, so far focused on the intrinsic cultural power of the world of work, were very favourably felt by the actors on the ground, because it was the first time that they were recognized and helped by Culture.
In this context, the Music of the baker - Nicolas Frize « TRAVAIL, Métiers: Collective and proliferating newspaper », also supported the festival Film the work» of Poitiers, the exhibition ' (Be) to Work» at the House of Steelworkers initiated by the association A smile from you and I leave my mother or the making of the film by Sébastien Jousse and Luc Joulé ' What is this Work»(October 2015).
Concretize a network/center of resources dedicated to actors in the world of tinstitutions and associations in the artistic field and in the world of research
The creation of a national digital platforme resource CCulture; Arts/Work is a continuation of these dynamics. Launched in 2016, sustained by the mMinistry of Culture, scope and developed by the association TEC/CRIAC, it was put online in early 2017.
This platform aims to:
- To enable the creation of an open network of actors of culture and the world of work mobilized on the Culture/Work relationships and to promote their knowledge and mutual recognition,
- To raise the visibility of the diversity and richness of the projects developed both at local level and at national and even European level, and to cross reflections and experiences,
- Contribute to the support and training of stakeholders in the development of their projects and the qualification of their approaches,
- To allow the emergence, in the long term, of innovative actions of cultural and artistic development with the actors of the world of work,
- To advance collective reflection with all the actors in the Culture/Work field.
It offers different tabs:
- An Agenda of Culture/Arts/Labour initiatives,
- An online press review,
- A space dedicated to the actors of the Culture/Arts/Work network,
- A resource spaces artistic approaches and cultural projects on the travail.
In order expand the circle of associates, contributors and users, a first meeting around of the Platform Culture; Arts/Work takes place on
vendredi 8 December 2017, from 9 am to 6 pm, at Museum of Arts and Crafts (CNAM), 60 Rue Réaumur, Paris3th.
This meeting is not only for partners and contributors, but for all.
Other meetings will follow on other territories, each on a theme.