Grimaud - Beauvallon Golf Club
- department: Var
- commune: Grimaud
- naming: Beauvallon Golf Club House
- address: domaine de Beauvallon, boulevard des Collines
- authors: Pierre CHAREAU (architect, decorator), Bernard BIJVOET (architect)
- date: 1927
- protection: Inscription under the title of historical monuments by decree of 22 December 1993
- label patrimoine XXe: Circular of 1 March 2001
In Grimaud, in the 1925’s, Emile and Edmond Bernheim designed the estate of Beauvallon to develop a golf course, near which the villas of the estate were gradually established. From then on, this residential complex overlooking the Gulf of Saint-Tropez brings together in an exemplary way the constructions of renowned regional architects and works of major representatives of the Modern Movement.
Among the very first constructions in Beauvallon is the golf club house. Commissioned in 1926, it is also the first architectural achievement of Pierre Chareau, raised in 1927 with the collaboration of Bernard Bijvoet.
Of modest dimensions (about 300 m2), the club house is built of reinforced concrete and traditional masonry and coated with ochre-pink color. It has changing rooms, a bar-dining room, a kitchen and a covered terrace. Pierre Chareau also designed the furniture (armchairs, bar stools, chairs and tables).
The building, which has not changed its use, has undergone several modifications and the original furniture has been dispersed.
In 1928, Pierre Chareau again intervened in Beauvallon by building the villa Vent d'Aval.
- Editor: Sylvie Denante, drac paca crmh, 1993