Tende - Saint-Dalmas-de-tende train station
- department: Alpes-Maritimes
- Commune: Tende
- naming: Saint-Dalmas-de-tende train station
- address : road to Casterino
- date: before 1928
- protection: unprotected building
- label patrimoine XXe: Commission régionale du patrimoine et des sites (CRPS) of 28 November 2000
Built by the Italian railway administration, the Saint-Dalmas-de-tende station was the border station of the Nice-Coni line, opened to train traffic in 1928. It became French with the annexation of Tende and La Brigue to France in 1947.
In the heart of Saint-Dalmas, a hamlet dependent on the town of Tende, it is located near the road leading to the Vallée des Merveilles. Measuring more than 120 m in length and 15 m in width, it surprises with its particularly imposing dimensions, an affirmation of the power of the Italian state. But any monotony is avoided by the articulation of volumes: a higher central body is flanked by two long wings, animated by other forebodies. Everything is covered with tile roofs, in pavilion or with two sides.
The testimony on the history of the border, the remarkable mountainous setting, the monumentality of the building and the majesty of its proportions, the opulence of the neo-baroque decoration, the vigorous interplay of materials (alternating rustic bosses, bichrome pilasters and walls of the central body, etc.), everything contributes to confer on the station of Saint-Dalmas an exceptional interest.
- Editor: Jean-Christophe Simon, drac paca crmh, 2001