Regional Conservation of Historic Monuments - MHRC is responsible, in accordance with the Heritage Code, for documentation, the protection of monumental and movable heritage, its conservation, maintenance, restoration and enhancement.
In the field of protection:
- Conduct the census;
- Document and study monumental heritage and furniture;
- Investigate applications for protection of historic monuments;
- To stimulate national and regional themes on heritage still poorly protected today (heritage of XXe century, hospital and public administration heritage, river heritage, heritage of the Great War, ...);
- Maintain protected heritage documentation;
- Ensure awareness in the context of development projects and construction projects;
- Maintain the health status of 3,550 protected buildings in Burgundy-Franche-Comté and the proofing of 45,350 protected movable objects.
In the field of maintenance, conservation and restoration:
- Exercise scientific and technical control over the work on buildings and objects classified and registered;
- Examine all requests for authorisation of regulatory works;
- Project management of works on monuments belonging to the State and assigned to the Ministry of Culture (Cathedrals of Autun, Besançon, Dijon, Nevers, Saint-Claude, Sens, Magnin Museum, Halles de Nolay, etc.);
- Develop budget programming.
In terms of promotion, the service designs, stimulates and supports all activities of knowledge and dissemination of heritage (publications, exhibitions, conferences, European Heritage Days, Rendez-vous aux Jardins, etc.).