Among the highlights labeled «French Presidency of the Council of the European Union 2022», the Ministry of Culture, through the General Delegation to the French language and languages of France, will organize from 7 to 9 February 2022 the inter-ministerial forum “Innovation, technologies and plurilingualism”, entirely online.
An event led by the Ministry of Culture.
Today, digital change offers new possibilities for plurilingualism, the challenge of social cohesion and citizenship in Europe. With its cultural and linguistic diversity, Europe must be better embodied, and in a very concrete way, in the daily lives of citizens through cultural, media and scientific content, in all EU languages.
Opened by Roselyne Bachelot-Narquin, Minister of Culture, this forum will bring together many French and European actors in translation, language technologies, digital and artificial intelligence, at the service of multilingualism in our societies.
Innovation, promotion, technologies and multilingualism.
On the programme, four themes:
- multilingualism and translation in a Europe of culture and knowledge in the face of the digital challenge;
- language learning and teaching in Europe, their promotion and attractiveness through digital innovation;
- the automatic processing of language, the “discoverability” of scientific content, the collection, evaluation and sharing of digital linguistic resources, with the actors of the scientific, research and business worlds;
- Language technologies, at the service of the European citizen, to promote EU values and a common sense of belonging.
A fully organized online forum.
A virtual village of exhibitors (companies, communities, laboratories, institutions, associations...) will allow exchanges between professionals and the presentation to the public of multilingual tools, technologies and innovations. Individual on-line appointments, for dialogue with selected speakers, will also be offered throughout the program.
As an extension of the forum, the Ministry of Culture will raise the issue of multilingualism in the digital environment to a political level by proposing concrete actions to the EU Member States and the European Commission.
Participate in the forum
To follow this event and receive the related login links, you are invited to register on the platform of the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union in the following ways:
Meeting No. 46: Innovation, Technology and Plurilingualism Forum
- Click on the link: https://delegues.accreditation-eu2022.fr/secured/login
- Click on: Create a new account
- Complete the form
- You receive a message, click on the link to «activate your account»
- On the "Authentication" page, register in the delegation FORINOVPLURI.PARTICIDGLFLF / access code ParticipaDGLFLF2022! / your email/ and your password (created at the first connection)