Jean de Mailly
Jean de Mailly was born in 1911 and died in 1975. He is a French architect, known for being one of the three architects of the CNIT in the district of La Défense.
He studied in the studio of Charles Lemaresquier at the École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts. He was first Grand Prix of Rome in 1945, along with Jean Dubuisson and chief architect of the Civil Buildings and National Palaces in 1948. Appointed in 1949 by Eugene Claudius-Petit, then Minister of Reconstruction and Town Planning, he was therefore called upon to supervise the construction of a number of buildings in Toulon, La Seyne-sur-Mer and Marseille. He developed a close collaboration with the builder Bouygues, with whom he carried out a large number of architectural projects, notably in La Défense.
He was elected a member of the Academy of Fine Arts of the Institut de France in 1968.
He was elected a member of the Académie des Beaux-Arts of the Institut de France in 1968.For the Toulon port operation, J. de Mailly reappointed the team of operation architects set up by Louis Madeline: Gaston Petit, Lucien Barbe, Maurice Leclercq, Guy Malenfant, Jacques Berthelot, Henri Bertrand-Arnoux, Jules Roustan, Bernard Noël, Jacques Le Barbé.