The Ministry of Culture supports and accompanies cultural entrepreneurs in their projects of creation or development of artistic or cultural enterprise; it strengthens its action in favor of cultural entrepreneurship, the professionalization of cultural entrepreneurs and the development of dedicated support mechanisms.
Faced with a lack of support for entrepreneurial projects in the cultural and artistic fields in the Grand Est region, the DRAC - Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs of the Great East/ Ministry of Culture is involved in several actions:
1. The "Entrepreneurship in Culture" forums
Since 2013, the Ministry of Culture has been organizing the «Entreprendre dans la Culture» forum in Paris, which has been gradually expanding in all regions.
In the Greater East, two events were initiated by the DRAC Greater East, in partnership with the Greater East Cultural Agency:
- the 1st Grand Est Entreprendre in Culture Forum, in October 2017 in Nancy, which gathered more than 500 people through 26 workshops and 2 plenary sessions;
- the Grand Est Entreprendre in Design Day, in November 2018 in Strasbourg; this day, inscribed in a regional and cross-border scope for any future entrepreneur of the sector gathered nearly 300 people through 4 tables-rounds and 1 participatory workshop;
2020 was to be marked by two appointments, cancelled due to the health crisis:
- 1st Franco-German Entrepreneurship in Culture Forum, from 03 to 05 April 2019 in Mannheim
- the Grand Est Entreprendre day in the live show, on November 19 at the Manège de Reims
In 2021, the 4th edition of the Entrepreneurship in Culture Forum, ideas & networks, presented by the Ministry of Culture, organized by the Grand East Cultural Agency, in collaboration with the DRAC Grand East and the Grand East Region, supported by the City of Nancy and the Autre Canal will take place on October 4 and 5, 2021 at the Autre Canal in Nancy.
The 2021 edition of the Forum en Grand Est is an opportunity to bring together professionals from the cultural sector around common issues and reflections:
- shared reflection between cultural operators, professional organisations, public partners, etc. on the medium-term perspectives that can be given to the cultural dynamics of our territories
- a meeting space designed to foster cross-knowledge and opportunities for collaboration between sectors, such as a “marketplace” facilitating networking
- Showcasing inspiring entrepreneurial and cooperative experiences, identified in the region, but also in other regions and our cross-border partners
2. The Great East Cultural and Artistic Incubator, fluxus
In order to bring about innovative entrepreneurial projects in the cultural and artistic fields in the territory of the Great East, the DRAC Grand Est/ Ministry of Culture launched in 2018 the fluxus incubator, the first transversal and regional incubation system in France, combining collective training and individual coaching. This incubator makes it possible to support for one year and intensively creative project leaders in a process of creating a viable and sustainable cultural economic activity. Designed as a true network of proximity by mobilizing third-places and regional incubators, fluxus federates the existing resources in the territory.
This regional incubator, run and coordinated by Bliida, Metz’s third-cultural site, is now run by of actors located in 8 metropolises of the Great East : Charleville-Mézières, Épinal, Metz, Mulhouse, Nancy, Reims, Strasbourg and Thionville.
You will find all the necessary information in this section and in the news section.
The call for proposals for the 2020/21 promotion is ongoing. Apply before September 15, 2021!
Franco-German cultural entrepreneurship : partnership between DRAC Grand Est and Startup Mannheim: facilitating and intensifying exchanges between French and German artists, cultural institutions and creative industries... find out more
Cultural Entrepreneurship: Claire Antony
Tel. 03 88 15 57 17