State financial aid to the archives of local authorities
The book and reading advisor in DRAC is also the correspondent Archives
The book and reading adviser in DRAC is also the Archives correspondent, that is to say the contact of the directors of archives services on the one hand and of SIAF (interdepartmental service of the Archives of France) on the other hand, in order to coordinate the SIAF projects in the regions, with the various archives services but also:
- To contribute to the animation of the regional network of archives directors
- To inform SIAF of investment projects in the territories
- To monitor, by delegation, requests for investment credits and their payment to the communities
- To inform of available supports and to investigate applications for operating grants.
On the other hand, it does not exercise scientific and technical control over the archives services, these tasks being the responsibility of the departmental directors of archives.
Archives may request from the RDCA:
- aid in operating appropriations for the exploitation of archives,
- aid for investment projects subject to an anticipation of between 1 and 2 years before the start of operations.
See Vade Mecum for more details.