In cultural schools
Safety of students and staff in cultural schools
Protecting students, teachers and staff
To protect students, teachers and staff, it is essential to implement a comprehensive, coherent strategy based on three pillars:
anticipate, secure, and know how to react.
The establishment’s security diagnosis must take into account the environment, the surroundings, the perimeter and perimeter protection of the site (fencing), access to the surroundings and the interior as well as the security, taking into account threats of armed intrusion into the school grounds (setting up of "armed intrusion" alarms, parking restrictions, barricading, fencing, reinforcement of glazing and mechanical protection, video surveillance, intrusion detection equipment, videophone, access control, safety instructions, etc.).
Useful recommendations in terms of safety
Some actions to take to ensure the safety of students and staff in the face of malicious acts and to reduce the vulnerability of schools to terrorist threats:
- Implementation of a strategy for the prevention of malevolence based on technical and human resources adapted to the context of each school;
- Reinforcement of external vigilance by the installation of video protection devices;
- Display of the "Enhanced security - threat of attack" logo;
- A visual check of the bags must be carried out at the entrance of the establishments;
- The identity of persons outside the establishment is systematically requested;
- Each establishment puts in place specific instructions (fire safety, security, attack, intrusion, etc.) and carries out security drills (fire evacuation and sheltering or confinement);
- Particular attention must be paid to the surroundings of the school, avoiding any assembly detrimental to the safety of the pupils;
- Everyone is asked to report any suspicious behaviour or object and to be extra vigilant.