The mission European and international libraries is responsible, within the book and reading service, for studies, analyses and syntheses on the situation and developments of libraries in the European Union and at international level: statistical data, national policies, remarkable projects, professional debates and major trends....
As such, it keeps abreast of the development of European and international, French and foreign cooperation structures and networks, in which French libraries such as:
* IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions): http://www.ifla.org/EN
>>>> The 2014 IFLA Congress takes place in France from 16 to 22 August 2014
* Cfibd (Comité français international bibliothèques et documentation), which notably supports the participation of French professionals in IFLA activities: http://www.cfibd.en/
* AIFBD (International Association of Librarians and Documentalists): http://aifbd.org/
* EBLIDA (European Bureau of Library, Information and Documentation Associations): www.eblida.org
* LIBER (League of European Research Libraries): http://www.libereurope.eu/
* RFN (Réseau francophone numérique): http://www.rfnum.org
* professional associations and groups developing a European and international action: IABD (Interassociation Archives Bibliothèques Documentation… : http://www.iabd.en/ ), ABF (Association des bibliothécaires français: www.abf.asso.fr/ ), ADBS (Association of Information and Documentation Professionals: www.adbs.en/ ), etc.
The mission follows the progress of international programmes led in particular by UNESCO:
* Memory of the World (http://www.unesco.org/new/en/communication-and-information/flagship-project-activities/memory-of-the-world/homepage/ )
* Memory of the World Register (http://www.unesco.org/new/en/communication-and-information/flagship-project-activities/memory-of-the-world/register/#c180469 )
It also follows the activities of the European Union concerning libraries, both in terms of institutions, professions, practices and technologies, and rights.
In liaison with the Office for European and International Affairs within DGMIC, the Bibliothèque nationale de France, the Bibliothèque publique d'information and the Centre national du livre, the mission follows the development of France’s bilateral relations with foreign countries concerning libraries. The mission also follows the international activity of the three public institutions