Cultural Institutions for Accessibility Meeting (RECA)
On March 28, 2003, the Minister of Culture and Communication asked his public institutions to propose concrete measures to improve the reception of people with disabilities in cultural institutions in the short term. A mission was created. Called the “Meeting of Cultural Institutions for Accessibility” (RECA), it is led by Universcience.
The RECA conducted a reflection within different working groups and developed concrete inter-institutional actions that resulted in improvements of all kinds: architectural, editorial, IT and technical.
Ongoing work includes:
- employment of persons with disabilities in cultural institutions;
- the promotion of adapted cultural offers to people with disabilities;
- the contribution of new technologies for disabled visitors;
- the compliance of public cultural institutions with the 2005 law;
- the evaluation of offers and proposed arrangements.
Member institutions ofCultural Institutions for Accessibility Meeting (RECA)
MCC Public Institutions
Public institutions not under MCC supervision