Cinema - Audiovisual - Multimedia - Digital
The DRAC Nouvelle-Aquitaine is developing, in conjunction with the Centre national du cinéma et de l'image animée (CNC), as well as in partnership with local authorities, a structuring film and multimedia policy throughout the New Aquitaine region.
In the field of cinema, audiovisual, multimedia and digital media, the DRAC Nouvelle-Aquitaine’s National Film and Motion Picture Centre, and in partnership with local and regional authorities, aims to:
- Promoting cultural diversity and balanced regional cultural planning;
- Maintain an independent and modern broadcasting network;
- promote film and audiovisual production and distribution;
- enhancing the cinematographic heritage;
- support training in digital practices;
- promoting access for all to film practice and image education.
These missions are carried out by film and audiovisual advisers at DRAC Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Cinema and audiovisual
The film and audiovisual advisers have the following tasks:
- The monitoring of the "Art et Essai" network: examination of the dossiers for the opinions of the regional classification committees;
- The examination of dossiers submitted to the "Departmental Commission for Commercial Development" (CDAC) dealing with cinematographic matters (construction, enlargement, modernization... of cinematographic equipment);
- the examination of applications for the creation and extension of itinerant cinema networks;
They are based on the main regional structures which make it possible to structure the cinematographic offer and to network it (broadcasting associations and cinema exhibitors) and which develop a policy of training audiences and of broadcasting the cinema, includingBook, Cinema and Audiovisual Agency in Nouvelle-Aquitaine (ALCA).
Image Arts Education and Dissemination
As regards the dissemination of film and audiovisual production, as well as artistic and cultural education in the image, the film advisers also provide:
- Support for festivals, in conjunction with the CNC;
- Examination of requests for "outdoor projections";
- Participation in regional creation aid committees;
- monitoring the implementation of national image education schemes for young people, both in school and outside school.
Digital and multimedia
The intervention of the DRAC Nouvelle-Aquitaine is on two levels: relay and accompaniment of national calls for projects (DiICRéam) and direct support to digital cultural projects within the framework of the National Program of digitization and enhancement of cultural content, experienced in the region since 2018.
The device for multimedia artistic creation (DICRéAM)
This device aims to support experimental works with innovative writings specifically using multimedia and digital technologies: find out more
Innovative digital cultural services
The aim of this annual call for projects is to encourage experimentation with new cultural services based on technological innovation and user innovation: find out more
National programme for digitisation and enhancement of cultural content
In 2017, the Ministry of Culture launched the National Program of Digitization and Enhancement of Cultural Content (PNV) for the use, dissemination and access to this digital content by the greatest number. The DRAC Nouvelle-Aquitaine is an experimental DRAC for its implementation in 2018 and 2019: find out more
DRAC contacts by departments:
Corrèze, Creuse, Haute-Vienne