The DRAC in a few words
A decentralized department of the Ministry of Culture under the authority of the regional prefect, the Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs (DRAC) implements the State’s cultural policy in Île-de-France.
- Knowledge, protection, conservation and enhancement of heritage;
- The promotion of architecture
- Artistic creation, to which it lends its support in all its components;
- The public reading;
- Arts and cultural education and the transmission of knowledge;
- Promoting cultural diversity and broadening audiences;
- The economy of culture and cultural industries;
- The promotion of the French language and the languages of France.
In articulation or in support of its partners that are the local authorities and the associative sector, it provides animation functions, The European Commission is responsible for providing advice, monitoring and evaluation in all these sectors and for ensuring the application of laws and regulations in the cultural field.
The DRAC Île-de-France is organized into two main areas of transversal cooperation:
- Heritage Cooperation Centre
- Cluster of cooperation Creation, territories and cultural democratization
The DRAC teams work in the eight Paris departments, comprising the small crown (Seine-Saint-Denis, Val-de-Marne, Hauts-de-Seine) and the large crown (Yvelines, Essonne, Seine-et-Marne, Val-d'Oise).
At the departmental level, the Departmental Units of Architecture and Heritage (UDAP) are placed under his responsibility.
The headquarters of the DRAC Île-de-France is located at 45-47 rue Le Peletier - 75009 PARIS.