This residency is intended to give in 2023 the means to a professional artist, relevant to all fields of expression, to develop original research that will feed his future projects.
Artists are most often invited to create original pieces considering the specific context of the Capuchins. This involvement on the production side, coupled with prospecting work, allows the art center to position itself, not as a simple relay of what has already been exposed, but at the beginning of the channel.
At the same time, the Centre d'art contemporain Les Capucins designs ambitious and innovative awareness-raising and mediation programmes for all audiences, amateurs and professionals, young people and adults. A public meeting is organized during the residency period (it can take the form of a performance, a reading, etc.) depending on the project developed by the artist. The artist is invited to present his or her practice and the research he or she conducts at the contemporary art centre Les Capucins.
This program is open to all professional French or foreign artists, with no age limit, proficient in the oral use of the French language and with a driver’s license for light vehicles valid in France.
- The residency will take place from mid-September 2023 until the end of December 2023 over a period of 8 weeks contiguous or not (maximum in 2 times), defined by a schedule between the contemporary art center Les Capucins and the artist.
- Accommodation: provision of a 35m² studio for the use of the artist.
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed to the artist by the Town Hall of Embrun upon presentation of proof and for a maximum amount of €500: round trip from home.
- The artist will receive a scholarship of €4,000 including fees, research fees and personal needs.
To be eligible, your application must be submitted in French, in the form of a Single document not exceeding 20 pages (including photos) which include:
- A biography and a curriculum vitae,
- A selection of previous work captioned succinctly; feel free to mention links to online videos,
- A short intention note not exceeding 3000 signs,
- Your contact information: postal address, email, telephone number.
Please respect these criteria scrupulously or the file will be inadmissible. Your application must be sent as an attachment to an email. No application via download link will be accepted.
Deadline for projects: by January 8, 2023 at midnight.
The application form should be sent to: email@example.com
The temporary residences of the Centre d'art contemporain Les Capucins are funded by the Ministry of Culture/ Drac PACA.
Four artists are welcomed per year in residence, two in school, two others to advance a research.