The central gate of the Reims Cathedral: Securing the column-estatuas
The changes brought to the western façade of the Reims Cathedral by the Ministry of culture - Regional Direction of Cultural Affairs of the Grand Est, have allowed us since Thirty years or so to restore the Nothern and Southern Gates, the Gable and the central gate coving. Se trata de una nueva versión de los dos lados de la puerta principal.
Los estudios de Preliminary Revealed Stability problems related to three estatus, this gate has by measure of security, be put off public visits, so as to make the necessary consolidation and to determine the kid of intervention necessary.
La catedral’s fachada: a shinnign Gothic obra maestra:
Made of a gate of three monumental Doors, each Possessing the dimensions of a church gate, the western façade (XIIIe.) is one of the most beautiful Testimonies of Gothic art:
- Dimensiones are never equal;
- Richness of sculpted display;
- aplicación de alta calidad de los materiales utilizados;
- Unión entre Arquitectura y Escultura;
- Buen estilo.
A sculpted display Dedicated to the Virgin
- At the peak: Crowning of the Virgin
- On the Gate’s sidewalls: Annunciation, visitation, and presentation of Jesus at the Temple.