The Ministry of Culture uses specific experts who are external collaborators of the Ministry of Culture for the protection and conservation of the aeronautical heritage protected as historical monuments.
Presentation of the device
What is aeronautical heritage?
The first protection under historic monuments an element of the aeronautical heritage dates back to 1984 when the historical monuments of a Morane-Saulnier 505.
In 2009, the Ministry of Culture signed an agreement with the Aeroclub de France to develop the knowledge and enrichment of this sector of aeronautical heritage as well as the techniques to ensure its sustainability.
To date, 21 aircraft, motorized and non-motorized, have been protected as historic monuments. This corpus includes specimens of light aviation from its origins to the present day as well as military aircraft from the two world wars and even the Cold War.
What are the missions of experts for aeronautical heritage?
The heritage service is likely to call on the expertise of the expert for different types of assignments:
- For the purpose of protection of historical monuments, a report shall be drawn up tracing the history of the aircraft or the object in connection with French aeronautical history, its physical condition and its legal situation, if any, with an on-site visit. Presentation of this report, at the request of the Regional Directorate for Cultural Affairs, to the Regional Committee on Heritage and Architecture (RCAP Section 3 “Protection of movable objects and works”) with a view to the inscription of the specimen under the title of historical monuments, and, where appropriate, before the National Commission for Heritage and Architecture (NFPC 4th section "movable objects") for classification purposes.
- Within the framework of the scientific and technical control exercised by the departments responsible for historic monuments (Article L. 622-7 of the French Heritage Code), the expert may be appointed by the regional cultural affairs directorate to:
- Participate in the processing of applications for work authorization on classified movable objects or preliminary declarations of work relating to listed movable objects;
- Monitor all or part of the procedures;
- Advise the Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs, as appropriate, when considering a grant application.
- Occasional visit of the specimen classified as part of a proofing implemented by the regional direction of cultural affairs (Article L. 622-8 of the French Heritage Code).
- The central administration of the Ministry of Culture may also appoint the expert, particularly when the mission covers several regions or a particular topic.
Am I concerned by this approach?
- Individuals (specific experts)
- Knowledge of the history of aeronautics and techniques used in the field of aeronautical engineering;
- Knowledge of know-how and private catering workshops;
- Knowledge of the associative network and collections;
- Aviation safety and environmental protection regulations;
- Knowledge of heritage code and public order code;
- Sense of human relations, pedagogy, teamwork;
- Professional or associative experience preferred.
Starting from a basic rate of €46, the expert’s remuneration is determined according to the complexity of the assignment and the time spent on it, within the limits of the appropriations available for this purpose.
Mission expenses (transport and stay) of the expert shall be reimbursed in accordance with the terms of the decree of 31 July 2015 laying down the conditions and the modalities of settlement of the expenses occasioned by the temporary travel of the civil staff of the State to the Ministry of Culture and Communication. The use of the personal vehicle for the performance of the missions is subject to prior authorization by the issuer of the mission order.
- Deadline for submission: 15 May 2023, 23:59 (Paris time). No file may be filed or considered after this date.
- Click on the "Send my file" button at the bottom of the page. This will allow you to send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also send your file to:
Ministry of Culture - Directorate-General for Heritage and Architecture - Heritage Service.
Historic Monuments and Heritage Sites Branch
Attention: Isabelle Chave
182 Saint-Honoré Street
75 033 Paris Cedex 01
- Attach the following documents to your shipment:
- A cover letter
- A resume
- Documentary references relating to the field concerned (restoration sites, publications, articles, etc.).
If you have any questions about the specific experts for railway heritage, please contact the Office for the Conservation of Movable Historic Monuments (BCMHM):
Emmanuelle Flament-Guelfucci, office manager: 01 40 15 79 79; email@example.com
Luc Fournier, chargé de mission: 01 40 15 79 91; firstname.lastname@example.org