Sheet 6. Regional licensing commissions
Regional Licensing, Denial, Withdrawal or Renewal Commissions continue to operate for all licence or renewal applications filed before October 1, 2019.
I. For declarations filed from 1 October, the prefect of the region may convene a committee if necessary a posteriori in particular, to take stock of the declarations of activity of the live entertainment contractor, the disputed cases and the administrative penalties imposed, to make any proposal relating to the reporting mechanism and to mention any particular situation and difficulties of application.
Example of recommended board composition:
- Regional Director of Enterprise, Competition, Labour and Employment;
- at least one representative of a departmental anti-fraud committee;
- representatives of representative professional organisations in one of the branches of the performing arts and members of the National Council of Performing Professions of artistic and technical personnel;
- on the proposal of representative organisations at national level of the performing arts, representatives of representative professional organisations in one of the branches of the performing arts and sitting on the National Council of Performing Arts, performing arts entrepreneurs;
- representatives of copyright collective management organisations;
- representatives of the social organizations in charge of the entertainment sector;
- qualified persons appointed on the basis of their competence in the field of safety at venues, industrial relations and social law.
II. The professional organizations and the bodies concerned can at any time report to the prefect malfunctions of which they are aware.
III. The prefect may at any time, including when considering the admissibility of a file, exchange with or bring together the competent services and supervisory authorities in charge of verifying compliance with the law (employees of the labour inspectorate, bodies responsible for collective management of copyright, social protection bodies, commissions in charge of fire safety in establishments receiving from the public, etc.).