In festivals and cultural gatherings
This guide is not intended to replace existing regulations. Its purpose is to provide practical advice to organizers of cultural gatherings and festivals.
IDENTIFY THREATS AND VULNERABILITIES:
It is first necessary to assess the sensitivity of the gathering in relation to the administrative police authorities
(Reeve and Mayor):
• Why could this gathering be targeted by terrorists?
• How is it a symbol of the Western way of life and values of the Republic?
• does this gathering have media coverage that would give a high profile to an action
The various possible attacks must be considered:
• throwing or depositing an explosive device;
• vehicle bomb parked near the site;
• ram vehicle;
• stabbing attack.
Choose the location of the event that will have the least vulnerabilities.
It is thus preferable to avoid settling above a parking lot or below traffic lanes.