In demonstrations and other events
The organization of events (Heritage Days, fireworks, etc.) requires compliance with certain safety rules and being particularly vigilant about security conditions.
SPECIAL EVENTS AND TEMPORARY EXHIBITIONS
Reminder: Various events outside the normal scope of the activities for which museums are designed sometimes require facilities and facilities that may change the security conditions of the institution. In this case, the head of the establishment must request the administrative authorization (30 days before) from the police authority. This technical dossier is produced when there are no operating specifications.
Texts Application of the CCH and the amended fire safety regulations of 25 June 1980.
Preparation of a Technical Dossier
To be sent to the mayor of the municipality or to the Prefecture of Police of Paris, for opinion of the security commission.
A cover letter setting out the general framework of the event and its ambition. State the opinion of the last safety committee on the establishment. Specify the request for possible increase in staff for the inauguration or opening with the related compensatory measures (ex: 1 pers/3m2 instead of 1pers/5 m2).
A safety note including:
- staff received and locations reserved for the public,
- clearances for evacuation,
- the technical and electrical installations implemented,
- the planned arrangements (with fire reaction reports of the materials used),
- the emergency means,
- the organisation of fire safety and any compensatory measures,
- the means of alarm and alert.
- the area reserved for the public and its disposition,
- of clearances,
- interior fittings,
- technical and electrical equipment installed.
- Your institution is classified as an ERP in a certain category: Be careful not to exceed authorized strength.
- Your institution is not ERP: seek administrative authorization. In this case, send a safety note, plan of premises with description of the event.
Prefecture of Police, Directorate of Public Protection,
Public Safety Branch,
8th office, 12/14 Quai de Gesvres,
75195 PARIS SP.
For the other municipalities:
Send the request to the Mayor
The answer will be sent to you by your Mayor ( or PP for Paris ) after the opinion of the Security Commission, which may ask the realization of certain prescriptions to improve the safety of people and property.
Your request will be reviewed by the Security Commission to verify that all measures have been taken for the safety of the public.
In terms of the safety of people and property, we have to be very careful in those days not to exceed the number of people authorized by the security commission.
Some tips or measures to implement:
- Installation of an electronic (gantry) counting system (possibility of rental).
- Set up reception and surveillance officers at the entrance and exit for a manual count of visitors. Once the maximum number of staff is reached, return visitors in small groups according to the number of exits (officers must be equipped with a good radio link and be well coordinated).
- Outside, think about organizing the queue well, provide police barriers if necessary to channel the public.
- Also be careful inside the establishment not to exceed the number of visitors per room or space.
- On those days, it is good to increase the number of officers.
- Ensure that the emergency exits are properly unlocked (reinforce the surveillance by an officer at each door) and that there are no obstacles in the clearances (also check the outside of the emergency exits): during busy periods, Evacuation of the public is the priority.
- Do not forget the periods «vigipirates».