Aid to the press
The written press makes an essential contribution to informing citizens and disseminating currents of thought and opinion.
The general system of public aid to the press is very old. In principle, postal aid goes back to the revolutionary period. Other measures have gradually been added. Aid to the press today meets one or the other of the three major objectives which have emerged from legislative or regulatory developments to constitute the economic regime of the press: the development of broadcasting, the defence of pluralism, the modernisation and diversification of media companies.
The benefit of this economic system and of the specific aids supplementing it is reserved for publications registered in the joint commission for publications and news agencies (CPPAP). This body, which brings together representatives of the State and press publishers, is in fact responsible for issuing an opinion, according to various criteria, the favourable nature of which makes it possible to benefit from the system of public aid to the press.
The Support Fund for Emergence and Innovation in the Press (FSEIP) was created in 2016 to support the emergence of new press publications, new online press services, and new solutions for innovation in the press sector.
The Strategic Press Development Fund (FSDP) was created in 2012 and supports investment projects by companies and news agencies that meet a number of criteria.
- 1. Presentation of the Strategic Press Development Fund
- 2. Apply for assistance from the Strategic Press Development Fund
- 3. Apply for payment to the Strategic Press Development Fund
- 4. Reviews of the Strategic Press Development Fund
- Aid for modernization of broadcasters
- Copy aid for press titles posted and worn
- Agreement between the State and the portage networks and temporary assistance to the networks
- Presentation of press distribution aid
- Aid for the distribution of the press - Section 1: daily press of political and general information
- Aid for press distribution - Section 2: French press abroad
- Exceptional aid for certain press publishers
- Support fund for national daily political and general news with low advertising resources
- Support fund for national political and general information publications with low advertising resources
- The aid fund for regional, departmental and local daily political and general information with low resources of classifieds
- Support for the pluralism of regional and local periodicals
- Aid for the pluralism of overseas titles
- Support for pluralism in all-online news services