Steps taken by the organizations
To be registered or approved, organisations must send an application file to the committee in charge of the copyright exception, which meets three times a year.
Requests for authorisation
In order to benefit from the exception to copyright in favour of disabled persons, organisations must address to the committee in charge of the exception a application file based on the form to download on the page "My online steps". The purpose of this dossier is to find out about the general functioning of the structure, the means at its disposal to carry out its production or communication activities, the profile of its beneficiaries, etc.
Organizations who also wish to obtain approval to access digital files of works must send in addition to the application file, a application file to the commission to download on the page "My online steps". The purpose of this folder is to verify the security of the conditions for recovering and processing these files.
Registration is valid for five years. In cases where the organisation is authorised to access digital files of works, this authorisation shall end at the end of the registration period.
Deadlines for submission of applications
The next application submission deadlines are as follows:
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023 for examination by the Committee on Tuesday, February 14, 2023,
- Tuesday, May 16, 2023 for examination by the Committee on Tuesday, June 13, 2023,
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023 for examination by the Committee on Tuesday, October 17, 2023.
The Guide to Good Practice
You will find at the bottom of this page the guide of good practices to download. You will find all useful information:
- What is the exception to copyright for persons with disabilities?
- Who are the beneficiaries of the exception?
- Sharing of adapted documents
- How to access digital files of works deposited by publishers?
- The international circulation of adapted documents
- How to secure the production and communication of adapted documents?
- Subcontracting and partnerships for the production or dissemination of adapted documents
- Appendices: Legal notices and charter of use of adapted documents