Promoting French design
The French Ministry of Culture celebrates design in France and French design abroad by supporting innovative design promotion projects. He also pays particular attention to public collections, a showcase of design heritage.
Design in the spotlight in France and around the world
The Ministry of Culture contributes to the influence of French design nationally and internationally.
It finances the following projects dedicated to the promotion of design:
- The festival France Design Week presenting the richness of design through exhibitions, conferences, open doors of schools, design agencies, etc. for the general public and professionals;
- International meetings with Design Forum ;
- Forum Design How to, appointments between young design graduates and recruiters;
- Poster for tomorrow, international graphic design competition;
- The French pavilion at the Milan triennial in 2022.
Every three years, the Ministry of Culture finances the exhibition of the French pavilion at the Triennale of Milan. During this international design event, the hexagonal creation is presented from the point of view of design and, more broadly, it proposes a reflection on the new ecological and societal challenges.
Preserve and showcase design collections
Design objects are part of our national heritage, whether in private hands or in public collections. Nearly ten cultural institutions attached to the Ministry of Culture have the mission to preserve public design collections and enrich them through new acquisitions:
- National Furniture
- The Museum of Decorative Arts in Paris
- The Museum of Decorative Arts in Bordeaux
- National Centre for Visual Arts (CNAP)
- Centre national d'art et de culture Georges-Pompidou (CNAC-GP)
- The Centre national du graphisme Le Signe in Chaumont
- The Regional Fund for Contemporary Art in Dunkerque
- The Adrien Dubouché National Museum in Limoges and the National Ceramic Museum in Sèvres
- Musée d'art moderne et contemporain de Saint-Étienne Métropole (MAMC+)
Collections of online design
The portal of design collections, the result of work with five cultural organizations and Videomuseum, is online.
Four major French public collections of decorative arts and design, from the beginning of the 20th century to the present day have gathered around the association Videomuseum, to build together a common base and offer free access on the Internet.