Regional resource centres
Presentation of Disability Culture Resource Centres in the region
Platform regional resource centre culture-handicap Midi-Pyrénées - Gihp Normandie Resource Centre - Contemporary resonance - Culture division MDPH 45 - Culture-Santé Cluster in Aquitaine - InterSTICES Rhône-Alpes - Singular Routes - Music and Health
* * * * * * *
Platform regional resource centre culture-handicap Midi-Pyrénées
The Culture and Disability Regional Resource Centre is an association created on 4 September 2014. It brings together professionals from the cultural field and the medico-social sector around a common goal, that of promoting and promoting the accessibility of people with disabilities to culture:
- public access to works
- accessibility to artistic practice
- access to education and vocational training in the cultural sector (universities, conservatories, arts schools)
- accessibility to cultural professions
A double imperative: ethics and legal
The Regional Resource Centre for Culture and Disability aims to contribute to the construction of a more egalitarian society, capable of accepting differences and allowing themselves to be enriched by them.
Our goal is to make the artistic field accessible to all. It is ethically right that everyone should be able to participate in the life of the City, that everyone should have the opportunity to build himself personally and socially. As such, cultural accessibility has every legitimacy to be defended. Cultural spaces are par excellence places for meetings, exchanges, citizenship and identity building. Through artistic activity, man thinks of himself, shakes up his representations, delivers his piece of truth on the enigma of the world, claims, plays with emotions, meets the Other… The functions of Art are infinite… The world of Art has everything to gain from this openness, because the acceptance of difference can only come to complicate and enrich the diversity of its representations and its relationships to the world.
To this end, the website events taking into account the issue of disability, disseminates job and training opportunities sector and archive of resources documentaries, legal and administrative… related to disability and culture.
It is run by professional cultural, medico-social and employment structures registered.
Contact: email@example.com - +33 (0)6 12 22 64 11
Gihp Normandie Resource Centre
Counselor, accompanies and form cultural professionals in making their actions and institutions accessible. We provide training or awareness in the reception of disabled people, all types of disabilities.
Informs people with disabilities and their families, specialized institutions and associations of disabled people on existing cultural and leisure offers. The Resource Centre notes that the lack of information circulation was one of the factors limiting access to culture. The network of culture/disability advisors has been created since February 2011.
This networking dynamic extends to about forty cultural establishments or receiving people with disabilities.
Aims to develop a cooperation policy within the territory of 276, by signing cultural development agreements, with the Department of Seine-Maritime, the City Hall of Rouen, La Maison Départementale des Personnes Handicapées 76, the Community of Communes Fécamp. Collaboration with the Pôle Régional des Savoirs.
- Organizes cultural and leisure events and activities for mixed groups, composed of disabled and able-bodied persons.
- Trainings: The Resource Centre develops and runs training courses for professionals who are responsible for cultural or leisure activities for people with disabilities.
Its training space works with the Departmental Museums of the Seine-Maritime and L'Eure and the Municipalities of Haute-Normandie to train staff in the reception of people with motor and visual disabilities. Do you want to train your staff to welcome disabled people?
Contact: Muriel HOMO, Sonia DELAPORTE - Phone: 02 35 89 30 29
The resource centre has two dimensions:
- The Culture and Disability resource centre
- The Contemporary Music Resource Hub
The Contemporary Music Resource Hub
A resource place for creativity and inventiveness, a space, a tool at the service of creation, a musical season to live today’s music with L'Ensemble de Six Voix Solistes and Les Percussions de Treffort..
- Musical ensemble: TREFFORT PERCUSSIONS AND SIX VOICE ENSEMBLE SOLOISTS
- Coaching: The establishment of composers' residences, building relationships and crossroads between amateur and professional practice and the sharing and the sharing of experience and know-how.
- Promoting access to invention and musical writing
- Documentation holdings
- Listening to professionals and amateurs
The Culture and Disability resource centre
One of the objectives that Contemporary Resonance strongly carries is that promote access to artistic practices by all audiences and especially to be a resource place, to experiment with new forms of artistic work, with people with disabilities, marginalized, excluded, sick, to try to give them access to what would seem, a priori, to have to remain forbidden to them.
The second objective of Contemporary Resonance is to work actively to bring initiatives closer together, seek common solutions, by developing the capacity for innovation, imagination, collaboration, cooperation and networking of all those who act in this field
TAKING ACTION AND WORKING TO REDUCE INEQUALITIES IN ACCESS TO CULTURE AND ARTISTIC PRACTICES
- Inform, disseminate, radiate
- Give legibility and legitimacy to achievements that still remain too often in the shadows,
- Organize des information and awareness days, to professionals and the general public.
- Diffuse a radio program "Resonances" Tuesday from 1 pm to 2 pm on Radio B, with guests who share their experience and practices in fostering access to culture for all.
IMPULSE, ACCOMPANY, EXPERIMENT
- Ensure a role as a smuggler, project leader, helper, expert and consultant.
LAYING THE FOUNDATIONS FOR A COMMON LANGUAGE AND A QUALITY OF REFLECTION AND ACTION
- Sharing our questions together
- Inspire another thought
- Work the elaboration of the bases of a common language with all the actors
- Initiate, develop, disseminate studies, analyses, research and ensure their publication.
- Structure a network at a local and regional level.
- Spot local relays that, in a restricted territory
- Organize thematic meetings
- Challenge, mobilize structures for social action and cultural action.
ACTING TO CREATE A DEPARTMENTAL AND REGIONAL DYNAMIC THROUGH
- Awareness-raising activities, information and training.
- The sharing and the sharing of experience and know-how.
- A collection of documentation (magazines, books, CDs, videos, etc.)
Culture division MDPH 45
Inaugurated on 23 October 2009, the "Culture Centre" of the Maison départementale des personnes handicapées is a unique service in France that facilitates access to culture and leisure for people with disabilities.
The MDPH45 culture cluster is a true innovation for equal access for people with disabilities to cultural opportunities. The result of a partnership between the Loiret General Council and the Caisse Nationale de Solidarité pour l'Autonomie (CNSA), it has been gradually established since 2008 at the association’s premises Cemaforre in Orléans.
The “MDPH 45 Culture Division” relies on:
- a steering committee meeting once a year to define guidelines and actions, whose members are:
- the association for the promotion of persons with disabilities in the Loiret
- the Regional Health Agency
- the Loiret General Council
- the Centre’s Regional Directorate for Cultural Affairs
- the Departmental Directorate of Social Cohesion of the Loiret
- the Departmental House of disabled people of Loiret
- a circle of partners bringing together associations of disabled people, actors and operators from the fields of culture, tourism, health, social and medico-social, communities.
Led by Cemaforre, this territorial action mechanism has three main objectives:
- help people with disabilities to express their cultural needs,
- raising awareness among cultural stakeholders about their obligations in terms of accessibility (supporting technical advice),
- encourage other medico-social institutions to implement cultural actions.
In fact, this pole, which is also an example. It is based above all on cooperation between those responsible for local cultural and social policies. The Cemaforre website puts online the list of cultural activities accessible to people with disabilities.
- Loiret Cultural Accessibility Guide It is also available as a pdf document (download the Loiret Cultural Accessibility Guide, (about 3.4 MB).
- Agenda de l'accessibilité et des loisirs du Loiret “Bougez! Vivre!” .
- Film « Desire for culture » : Series of testimonies of people with disabilities (duration 12 mn - Cemaforre)
- «Loiret Cultural Accessibility Kit»
- Overview of kit contents (pdf document, approximately 284 KB)
- Loiret Cultural Accessibility Guide(2012 update, pdf document, approximately 3.4 MB)
- MDPH guide to access to culture (pdf document, approximately 3.1 MB)
- Two videos: «Envie de culture» and the Accessible Culture clip (Download both video files Loiret cultural accessibility kit (about 170 MB).
Contact: 02 38 51 15 64/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Culture-Santé Cluster in Aquitaine
The project and missions:
Since 2007, the Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs, the Regional Health Agency and the Aquitaine Region have jointly supported cultural and artistic activities in hospitals. In 2011, in order to develop the Culture and Health policy, the public authorities in partnership with the Bergonié Institute and the association Script took the initiative to create a Pole of Competence Culture and Health in the form of a Cooperative Society of Collective Interest (SCIC).
SCIC is part of the social and solidarity economy sector,
whose main values are:
• Promoting action and living together through collective initiative, cooperation and civic responsibility;
• the association of internal and external solidarity principles with economic principles of production and exchange;
• the prevalence of the service provided relative to the profit generated;
• responding to societal needs and aspirations within a territory.
The aims of this cooperation structure are to:
• to develop in the field of health access to the cultural dimensions of the hospital world, both in terms of its anthropological characteristics and in terms of its artistic and heritage activities – by mobilizing and organizing the necessary resources;
• participate in the awareness raising and training of cultural and health stakeholders for the co-construction of artistic and cultural action projects in hospitals;
• Fostering inter-hospital dynamics in Aquitaine to promote achievements and broaden partnerships.
The three missions of the Culture & Health Cluster in Aquitaine:
SCIC Culture et Santé en Aquitaine allows health and cultural professionals, communities, associations, businesses and anyone interested to participate in this territory project.
• Inform and advise
– Information on national and regional agreements (aims of this public policy; recommended methodology; eligibility criteria for projects, etc.);
– Assistance to project management for diagnosis, qualification of objectives, identification of resources (internal and external) and cultural and institutional partnerships for project implementation.
In partnership with the departmental and regional cultural agencies and with the artistic and cultural resource centres of the Aquitaine region, several training courses are offered for both hospital and cultural stakeholders. They can be part of training plans for health facilities and cultural structures.
General training aimed at discovering the challenges of a Culture and Health project approach, providing elements of method based on reference experiences…
Thematic trainings aimed at deepening knowledge by taking specific approaches (cultural and/or clinical and institutional, etc.).
In 2012, an action research programme will be set up with the universities of Bordeaux.
Support hospitals and their cultural partners in the development of transversal projects at regional level and propose interregional, European and international exchanges.
The project territory:
The Skills Centre will work with departmental relays. These departmental relays will be set up in the course of 2012 with the partners of the regional convention to:
• Foster connections between health and cultural stakeholders at the local level;
• identify the project support and training needs that the division could meet;
• contribute to the reflection of public partners on the desirable developments of the Culture and Health Convention in Aquitaine;
• Contribute to the mobilization of local authorities in this policy.
On January 17, 2012, about forty professionals and health, medico-social and cultural structures met to found the regional association interSTICES - inter Structure Territoires Innovation Culture et Santé in Rhône-Alpes.
interSTICES’s mission is to raise awareness of the challenges of the Culture and Health approach in order to foster the development of new initiatives. In its action programme, a synthesis of the needs and expectations expressed by the project promoters, it wishes to contribute to reflection, exchanges and recognition of practices and actors. It finally positions itself as a platform for cooperation at the service of project leaders, a tool for sharing and support at the regional level.
Moreover, given the experience of its members, interSTICES offers its skills and expertise for operators of the regional Culture and Health program. It thus intervenes, on behalf of the Regional Agency of Health (ARS), the Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs (DRAC) and the Region, on coordination and animation of the system.
Projects at the crossroads between the field of health and the cultural sector can provide valuable insights to work on the meaning of the professions and activities that constitute them, and to define new orientations.
- Setting up of projects;
- sharing platform: network animation
- expertise/competence: AMO
The association Itinéraires Singuliers aims to enhance the development of individuals and build social ties. To this end, it promotes art and expression in all its forms, convinced that they are valuable means of combating exclusion.
Born in 2000 Within the Hospital Centre La Chartreuse de Dijon, the association continues to carry artistic projects within its walls. It develops links with and between different actors in the health, medico-social, social and cultural fields… of the region and beyond.
Since 2016, it has been recognized Resource Center «Arts, Cultures, Health and Disabilities» in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
The action of Singular Routes is developed around 3 axes:
- An annual creative and supportive project built around a unifying theme, highlighted the even years at a singular art biennial and the odd years of a multidisciplinary festival;
- A resource platform dedicated to professionals within the framework of the “Culture and Health” framework supported by the DRAC and the ARS in particular (through counselling, training and information);
- A unique exhibition space : the Hostellerie, located in the heart of the La Chartreuse Hospital of Dijon.
Contact: 03.80.41.37.84 / communication]at]itinerairessinguliers.com
Music and Health
If the hospital is a privileged place of care, when a person stays there for a more or less long period, he is then cut off from his daily family life and from his relatives. Suffering, loneliness, distress await those who suffer from the disease.
The Music & Health Association, created in 1998, works for the promotion and dissemination of living music in hospitals and facilities for people with disabilities.
the association is aimed at all ages of life, from premature children to the elderly, including adolescents and young adults.
Des professional musicians care services at the bedside, in the workshop or organize ambulatory concerts, they mobilize and train the health, medical and family teamsTheir professionalism and ability to improvise allows them to be as close as possible to the person hospitalized.
The Music & Health Association has been commissioned by the Ministry of Culture and Communication to develop actions at national level and set up a interdisciplinary European center on the theme of hospital culture.
Leader of the European network “Music in the Hospital”, the association coordinates various projects, supported in particular by the European Commission.