Within the framework of the interdepartmental policy for artistic and cultural awakening carried out by the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Solidarity, Autonomy and Persons with Disabilities, the second National Meeting of Artistic and Cultural Awakening of Young Children, held on November 4, 2022, which explored the places and spaces of artistic and cultural awakening on a daily basis.
A meeting organized jointly by the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Solidarity, Autonomy and Persons with Disabilities
The relationship to symbolism and sensitive experience, the awakening to creativity, the discovery of culture as a space for exchanges with others, for knowledge of oneself and of the world, as a mode of expression and vector of social bond, The European Union is committed to the development of the European Union.
The artistic and cultural awakening responds to the basic needs of babies (cognitive, emotional, psychological and language expression) and helps to inscribe them in a culture which itself conditions the development and well-being of the child and, at the same time, thebeyond, that of every adult person.
So that they can build together their tastes, their choices - at their own pace - to discover and appropriate their culture, toddlers and adults need time and spaces conducive to movement, discovery, experience, creation and encounter.
A theme: places and spaces of artistic and cultural awakening in everyday life.
How can spaces and times be broken down so that culture is not reserved for dedicated places and times?
How can we rethink places of early childhood and parenthood, cultural places and intermediate places to offer an environment conducive to the encounter with works and artists on a daily basis?
Watch the video of this day’s conferences and round tables
How to promote sensory encounters, knowing that babies hear the music of speech, but also of bodies, spaces and places?
Sophie Marinopoulos is a psychologist-psychoanalyst, founder of the parent-child concept «Les Pâtes au Beurre», specialist in child and family issues, author of the report A National Strategy for Cultural Health - Promoting and sustaining the cultural and artistic awakening of the child from birth to 3 years in relation to his parent (ECA-LEP); expert of the 1000 days commission; expert on the perinatal interface committee of Santé Publique France.
Round table bringing together associations, local authorities and ministries around the strategic question of the deployment of a political action of artistic and cultural awakening, from the intention to its effectiveness.
- Isabelle Lavest, Deputy Mayor of Clermont-Ferrand and Vice-President of the Metropolis
- Valérie Granier, librarian, early childhood coordinator in the Transversalités Department – Departmental Public Reading Department in the Department of Hérault.
- Mayalen Iron, Director of the First 1000 Days of the Child Project, General Secretariat of Social Ministries.
- Mr. Marc Caillard, President of the association Enfance et musique
- Mme Émilie Robert, Co-Chair of Scènes d'enfance – ASSITEJ, director of the Théâtre Massalia in Marseille.
Moderators: Aurélie Lesous, responsible for artistic and cultural awakening and education at the Ministry of Culture and Jean-François Pierre, assistant to the head of the family and parenthood office at the Ministry of Solidarity, Autonomy and Persons with Disabilities.
Round table bringing together researchers, architects and designers around the issue “How can we rethink early childhood and parenting spaces, cultural spaces and intermediary spaces to provide an environment conducive to encountering works and artists on a daily basis?”
- Christine Kalus, architect DPLG, co-founder of the agency Kalus Roussel Architectes, graduate of the DPEA research in architecture of ENSA Paris La Villette, associate member of the research laboratory AMP at ENSAPLV.
- Ms Marion Voillot, architect and designer by training, graduate of ENSA Paris-Val de Seine and ENSCI-Les Ateliers; PhD student at IRCAM-STMS, IRCA (University of Paris) and the Design Research Centre (ENS Paris-Saclay/ ENSCI-Les Ateliers).
- Mr. Thibault Rabain, PhD student at the Centre de Recherche Nantais Architectures Urbanités (AAU-CRENAU - UMR 1563), PhD student associated with the Centre Nantais de Sociologie (CENS - UMR 6025).
- Mr. Alexis Foiny and Mr. Antoine Behaghel, designers of Centre Pompidou Station 0-2; graduates of the École de Duperré and ENSAD de Paris respectively; winners of the Pli Public Workshop in 2019; and Alexis Foiny, winner of the 2021 ADAGP Prix Révélation Design.
Moderator: Sophie Marinopoulos psychologist-psychoanalyst, founder of the parent-child concept «Les Pâtes au Beurre», specialist in child and family issues, expert of the 1,000-day commission, expert on the perinatal interface committee of Santé Publique France.
Here, Maya Gratier shares current knowledge about the aesthetic attention of babies from a human development science perspective. It evokes the work carried out around aesthetic preferences, their importance for the development of the toddler and the construction of relations with him.
Maya GRATIER, Professor of Developmental Psychology at the Université Paris Nanterre and Deputy Director of the Éthologie Cognition Développement (LECD) laboratory; Head of the Babylab Nanterre. His research focuses on the development of communication and musicality between adults and babies from birth to one year; expert of the 1000 days commission.
At the corner of the street, from the museum to the nursery or the school, setting up spaces for their childhood to take place, offering games of body and meaning is to offer children relationships, ties and capacities of expression.
Why open to the little ones places of culture where invite others, atmospheres, objects and nature to wrap themselves, and develop? To connect, to feel and to imagine: «the world is all that takes place» wrote Wittgenstein.
Sylviane GIAMPINO, is a child psychologist, psychoanalyst, Vice-President of the High Council of the Family of Childhood and Age (HCFEA), President of the Council of Childhood and Adolescence, Honorary President of the National Association of Early Childhood Psychologists (A.NA.PSY.p.e)
During this round-table discussion, the ways to foster artistic environments that welcome toddlers and give them access to art and artists while providing them with an environment conducive to encounter thanks to certain human conditions, intellectual and cultural.
How through the example of a thousand forms in Clermont-Ferrand, Pistoia in Italy and the house of creativity in Geneva, we can through this network of European exchanges promote the development of these places.
With the interventions of:
- Anna Lia Galardini, training expert for early childhood educators, Pistoia
- Maryjan Maitre, sower of art and culture in early childhood, Geneva
- Sarah Mattera, director of a thousand Clermont-Ferrand forms.
Moderator: David Cascaro, Director of Audiences at the Centre Pompidou.
Maternities, neonatology services, maternal and child protection centres, paediatrics services are places that during his young life, the little one and his family at his side can be brought to attend,
Places of care, places of life, they are also spaces and times conducive to the encounter with arts and culture.
Training, mediation, methodology, partnership, are discussed here to think together the implementation of artistic and cultural awakening projects in care settings.
With the intervention of:
- Catherine Métais, reading facilitator, trainer and Jeanne Beutter, reading facilitator, coordinator of the association Livre Passerelle (Centre Val de Loire).
- Philippe Bouteloup, musician and trainer for the association Musique et Santé; he works in various institutional settings with children, of teenagers and adults and now teaches at the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris/Philharmonie de Paris and at the Centre de Formation de Musiciens Intervenants, Faculty of Aix-Marseille.
- Frédéric Boyer, head of coordination, reader, trainer for the association the Book for the Insertion and the Refusal of Exclusion (L.I.R.E), member of the national network of the Agency when the books link. https://lirealapmi.fr
- Solenne Gibon, Project Leader – 1000 First Day Bag – Bag Introduction Video: https://youtu.be/X_U24XD8uzg
Moderator: Léo Campagne Alavoine, Director of the Agency when books link
How to think places of life, in ECEC, in the streets, parks and gardens, in cultural structures so that children from birth feel good. How to ensure the presence of art and culture in daily life in order to allow them to awaken? What proposals are conducive to the encounter with works and artists on a daily basis? How living spaces are spaces for the expression and enhancement of cultures.
With the intervention of:
- Ms Elise Mérigeau, Advisor for Cultural and Territorial Action at the Regional Directorate for Cultural Affairs - Grand Est; Gateway artistic residency in ECEC and kindergarten in educational cities.
- Noémie Lanoë, Project Manager Network Animation within the Association Colline Acepp; about the project Les petits arpenteurs, winner 1000 first days welcome outside the walls.
- Xavier Grizon, Educational Action Officer – Cinéma 93.
Moderator: Isabelle Jacquot-Marchand, Bureau Chief of Times of Life – General Delegation for Transmission, Territories and Cultural Democracy – Ministry of Culture
As a conclusion to the national meeting of the artistic and cultural awakening of the child on November 4, 2022, Jean Philippe Pierron offers his testimony.
After, this day of questioning around the places and spaces of artistic and cultural awakening conducive to the inner vibratile dimension of the little Jean-Phillippe Pierron comes to continue the reflection and pushes us to question the ways in which attention to attention is a point of vigilance in our ways of organizing the institutions in which we are as well as in our working methods.
In particular, he illustrates the reflections with this quote from Montaigne, “Educating a child is not filling a vase, it is lighting a fire.”
Jean-Philippe Pierron is a philosopher, in charge of the master’s degree «Medical and Environmental Humanities» in the philosophy department of the University of Burgundy; director of the Values of Care chair and member of the scientific council of the Campus of Transition (Forges). He works in particular on the poetic dimension of human action, including ecology. He was the president of SCIN "La minoterie" in Dijon.
In partnership with the Centre Pompidou