Exploitation and dissemination of ENSA scientific productions
Aid from the Office for Architectural, Urban and Landscape Research (BRAUP) for the exploitation and dissemination of scientific productions from the research units of the National Institutes of Architecture (ENSA)
Among the many ways in which productions are disseminated under the regular activities of ENSA research units, scientific events (seminars, seminars) and scientific publications are the most devoted.
The Ministry of Culture recognizes the vital role of these productions for the ENSA research units by actively supporting them.
The Architectural, Urban and Landscape Research Bureau thus provides financial support each year, on the basis of internal ENSA expertise guaranteeing the quality of these productions, and within the framework of permanent action for the development of research in the ENSA, some of these scientific events or publications.
Each year, two grant award sessions are organised: the deadline for receipt of applications is set at 15 jun for the first session and at the December 15 for the second session.
The following are eligible for BRAUP support:
- the colloques and seminars from ENSA research units, with a scientific committee, subject to a call for papers, and held at the premises of an ENSA;
- the proceedings of symposia and seminars meeting the above criteria;
- the works and translations resulting from research permanent members of the ENSA research units (including doctoral and HDR theses supported in the 2 years preceding the date of the application), as well as peer-reviewed journals from ENSA research units and thematic scientific networks authorised by BRAUP.
In 2021, as an experiment, the nature of eligible media is extended to digital: online publications of books or journals on referenced sites (OpenEdition, etc.), audio-visual documentaries from research related to a regional, national scientific program (excluding BRAUP incentive programme) or international.
Procedures for transmission of applications
The grant application package includes the following documents:
- grant application letter sent by the director of the research unit, under cover of the Director of ENSA
- provisional financing plan
- for colloquia or seminars: description of the project, composition of the scientific committee and copy of the call for papers
- for publications (printed or online): final manuscript of the project as it will be published (for the publication of a doctoral thesis or HDR, a copy of the defense report will be attached) and detailed specifications of the publisher.
- for audio-visual productions: script and composition of the production team, as well as any element to assess the scientific quality of the project, its objectives, its mode of distribution and the intended audience.
The grant that may be allocated by BRAUP is assessed on a case-by-case basis depending on the nature of the project. In all cases it is capped at one third of the overall budget.
Applications outside ENSA, which are not eligible, will not be considered.
The request must be sent to BRAUP by post to the address below:
Ministry of Culture
Directorate-General for Heritage and Architecture - Architecture Service
Higher Education and Architecture Research Branch
Office of Architectural, Urban and Landscape Research
182 Saint-Honoré Street
75033 Paris cedex 01