Label "Maison des illustres"
The 10th labelling campaign is scheduled
To apply for membership in this network of excellence, the applicant institution must meet certain criteria. A place of life and memory preservation of an illustrious character, it must be open to the public for more than 40 days a year without it being for an essentially commercial purpose. Openness to the public, especially for young people with dedicated activities, as well as access to people with disabilities, must be privileged.
The label "maison des illustres" was created in 2011 to highlight to the public the places whose vocation is to preserve the memory of the women and men who lived in them and distinguished themselves in the political, social and cultural history of France. This label expands the network of excellence of establishments, sites and heritage activities certified by the Ministry of Culture such as the museums of France, the Cities and Countries of Art and History, the remarkable gardens, the remarkable contemporary architecture.
The logotype "Houses of the Illustrious" indicates to the attention of the tourist as well as the walker these places, often modest and intimate, where the encounter with the works of culture takes place where they were designed.
12th Campaign Calendar: coming soon
Being worked out : Submission of applications.
Being worked out : Examination of files by the Regional Directorate for Cultural Affairs before passing to the Regional Commission for Heritage and Architecture.
A letter/email will indicate the date of the RCAP; the final decision will be made within two months of the decision.
Preparation of the application file
- Application Package - form to be completed
- Letter of attestation candidacy
- Explanatory note for the creation of the file
Houses certified in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Download (active links to each illustrated house):
- House "Samtem Dzong" of Alexandra David-Neel in Digne-les-Bains (04)
- The Paraïs: Jean Giono house in Manosque (04)
- House Renoir in Cagnes-sur-Mer (06)
- Cabanon Le Corbusier in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin (06)
- Escoffier Museum of Culinary Art in Villeneuve-Loubet (06)
- Villa Gustave Thuret in Antibes-Juan-les-Pins (06)
- Cézanne workshop in Aix-en-Provence (13)
- Villa Michel Simon in La Ciotat (13)
- Mas du Bayle vert in Grans (13)
- House of Nostradamus in Salon de Provence (13)
- Frédéric Mistral’s House-Museum in Maillane (13)
- The Camargo Foundation in Cassis (13)
- Villa Noailles in Hyères (83)
- Le Plantier de Costebelle, house of Paul Bourget in Hyères (83)
- Villa "Les Lauriers roses", Jean Aicard-Paulin Bertrand Museum in La Garde (83)