Arts and cultural education
Territorial residency of artist in school
The territorial residence in school aims to develop and deepen the partnership between the State and local authorities in the field of arts and cultural education in complementarity with other existing arrangements.
The territories concerned by a local arts education contract in partnership with the National Education are not eligible for this scheme.
Territorial residence in a school implements three fundamental and inseparable approaches to arts and cultural education:
- the encounter with a work and the discovery of a creative process
- artistic practice, cultural practice, and relating to different fields of knowledge
- the construction of an aesthetic judgment
- It also encourages the discovery and use of places of artistic creation and dissemination
The residence project gives rise to close cooperation between the various partners. It directly involves a cultural structure and a school. A prior consultation phase determines the quality of the partnership.
Issues and Objectives
- To enable as many people as possible to understand contemporary creation in relation to its teachings and its relation to the history of the arts
- Developing the critical mind of the school public
- Propose a federative arts education that can concern both students and their families
- Contribute to the cultural and artistic development of the territory (heritage, public reading, museums, cinema, etc.) by integrating the project into a local (communal, inter-communal, etc.) and participatory dynamic (public, schools, municipal and associative structures)
- Help reduce inequalities in access to art and culture