Shares of la DRAC
The DRAC, in the field of preventive archaeology, studies, protects, preserves and promotes the archaeological heritage of the region.
- It ensures the enforcement of legislation and regulations on archaeological excavations and discoveries, on the use of soil and basements and on the protection of archaeological remains. (See "Book V of the Heritage Code Article R.523-1 et seq.");
- It prepares the programming of planned excavations and annual surveys in accordance with national recommendations;
- It prescribes and controls preventive archaeology operations (diagnostics and excavations) made necessary by spatial planning operations and implemented by various authorized operators. (Aids and procedures);
- It manages the file of deposits and excavations, and more generally of all archaeological documentation. As such, the SRA documentation is a resource open to all;
- It shall ensure that the results of the research are published;
- It controls excavation depots;
- It ensures the link with the services of other partners (local authorities, operators...the archaeological activity in the region, by engaging in particular activities of animation and information of the public.
The purpose of the documentation of the Regional Archaeological Service is in priority to gather and manage all the scientific papers (reports of archaeological operations, works, reviews, reprints, university memoirs, etc.) for the needs of the service, archaeologists and partners of local authorities. It also ensures the reception of the public.
- The "archaeological map" makes documentary records identifying and situating archaeological operations - or site indices - in the territory of the 1200 municipalities of Ile-de-France.
- The library brings together nearly 5,000 books and 150 journal titles, 1,400 abstracts in prehistory and 600 in history.
Specialized in the Ile-de-France region, she has a substantial collection of Paris publications, including archaeological and heritage journals from local associations. More generally, various regional and thematic scientific journals as well as the regional scientific reviews of the whole of France are also preserved.
The list of regional scientific reviews published is available on the website of the Ministry of Culture and Communication: http://www.culturecommunication.gouv.fr/Politiques-ministerielles/Archeologie/Valoriser/Diffusion-scientifique
Since summer 2014, the SRA library references all its new acquisitions (monographs, congress proceedings, articles, etc., mainly on archaeological research in the Ile-de-France, and dealing with all periods, from prehistory to the contemporary period) in the collective catalogue FRANTIQ https://www.frantiq.en/. It also indicates, as and when, Journal collections (years and issues) that it keeps.
In addition, a cataloguing in FRANTIQ of its acquisitions prior to summer 2014 is ongoing.
In total, as of mid-December 2020, there are 2200 references stored in the SFA library.
How to Access the Regional Archaeology Service (RLS) Library New Acquisitions Lists
To access the Frantiq website, presenting the network, its news, the PACTOLS thesaurus, etc.:
Catalogue Menu, click View the catalogue
- Then scroll down the Lists menu bar (located at the top of the site)
All our other acquisition lists begin with "IFRA" (IFRA being the abbreviated name of the library of SRA Ile-de-France in the Frantiq library network).
Recoverz the references ofhis recent publications on archaeology in Ile-de-France thanks to the group Zotero SFA:
Zotero is a program to keep bibliographic references and write them automatically by choosing a style from many different styles. The SRA Zotero Library is offered as a showcase for all audiences interested in recent scientific publications on archaeology in the Ile-de-France region.
AtDetention: Announcement for thepublic s
Programme of a number projectoutsourcing of archaeological operations reports
Since February 2020, SRA has been working on an outsourced digitization of archaeological operations reports. As a result, all reports prior to 2003 (and occasionally those from 2003 to 2012) may be unavailable for a period until the first quarter of 2021, depending on their successive batch returns.
In mid-December 2020, it remains to digitize the reports of the Seine-et-Marne and Paris
Thank you for your understanding
Lour more informationns
Contact Marie-Alice VIRLOUVET
Regulations and authorised operators
- List of authorised operators for carrying out preventive archaeology operations - by region
- Regulations in the field of archaeology and what to do in practice
Dismantling pMelun customs of a network of looters of archaeological remains
The Ministry of Culture and Communication wishes to provide details following the dismantling by the customs of Melun of a network of looters of archaeological remains
The press release
Archaeological heritage, a fragile and non-renewable cultural asset