Cinema and animated image
The DRAC intervenes on the whole of the animated images sector.
Working with professional structures, associations, local and regional authorities and other State departments, it provides information, advice, analysis and impetus.
- It investigates applications for new cinemas during the CDAC – Departmental Commercial Planning Commissions.
- In conjunction with the Centre national du cinéma et de l'image animée, it examines applications for the classification of art and essays by film institutions and authorizations for outdoor screenings.
- It contributes to the promotion and dissemination of works in theatres as well as to the access of a wide audience through numerous mechanisms such as financial support for festivals and image education systems.
- It intervenes in the field of digital technologies by supporting structures that train audiences in digital creative practices, artistic production and experimentation as well as the dissemination of digital arts in all their forms.
- More generally, it coordinates the development of a common policy of intervention in the field of digital technologies (new arrangements for the reception and support of cultural projects) and ensures a monitoring of digital cultural practices.
Film education combines knowledge of film heritage and awareness of the 7th art through an approach to reading images or analyzing films. It is aimed at young audiences, notably through the "École au cinéma", "Collège et cinéma", "Lycéens et apprentis au cinéma" and is based on 16 departmental co-ordinations in the Ile de France region, involving:
- coordinating bodies (associations, cinemas)
- local authorities (town halls, general councils, region)
- National Education at various levels (Rectorates, Academic Inspections, Institutions)
- the National Film and Motion Picture Centre
- - The national association "les enfants de cinéma" national coordinator of the "School and cinema" scheme;
- the DRAC
- the partner cinemas
- other partners, cultural actors such as festivals, the Cinémathèque française, the Forum des Images, etc...
... are part of school time and concern in Ile-de-France (2009 figures): 1470 schools, 211 864 pupils, 155 cinemas.
Coordinated in Ile-de-France by ARCADI concerns off-school time.
Coordination of the four systems: - School and cinema, - Film college, - High school students and apprentices in cinema, - Passeurs d'Images
DRAC interlocutors within the structures in charge of activities related to cinema: - Local authorities and National Education - the three rectorats of the Region Île-de-France.
Signed between the State (DRAC), certain departments, the City of Paris, the Île-de-France Region and the Centre national du cinéma et de l'image animée, these agreements legitimise and reinforce the actions in favour of cinema between these parties by enabling support to be committed by common accord in the fields of production, cinematographic and audiovisual works, cinema education, the dissemination or promotion of works and their authors. (see links opposite)
Festivals in Ile-de-France
Every year, the DRAC supports a number of film events in Île-de-France.
- The "Documentary Screens" Arcueil Festival
- Jean Rouch International Festival Paris
- Les Rencontres cinématographiques de la Seine-Saint-Denis
- European Film Festival in Essonne
- Festival "L'enfant et le 7e art" Seine-et-Marne, Essonne and Yvelines
- Image by Image Festival Val d'Oise
- UTOPIA - Dionysian Film Days Saint-Denis
- Festival Ciné Junior 94 Val-de-Marne
- International Meetings Paris-Berlin-Madrid
- TERRA DI CINEMA Tremblay-en-France Festival
- Festival des Juniors Les Mureaux
- Bande(s) festival besides Bobigny
- Pantin Short Side Festival
Resource and documentation centres
- Video is a documentation centre on film, audiovisual and multimedia creation that publishes two guides: for training, audiovisual and multimedia cinema, for creative aids, for finding training.
For the guide to start-up assistance, contact Vidéadoc address: 8 rue des Trois Couronnes, 75011 Paris, tel: 01 48 06 58 66
Altermedia - Creative Camera, is a resource centre for cinema, audiovisual and new media (contact information: 13 rue Fontaine, 93200 Saint Denis, tel: 01 42 43 10 30)