The DRAC Grand Est carries out a mission of advice and expertise and a scientific and technical control on the public collections of museums, especially those of museums of France of the region.
The DRAC supports financially and scientifically the initiatives of the museums of France in terms of renovation, proofing, acquisition, restoration and exhibition.
The missions consensualillers museums
Within the DRAC Grand Est - Pôle Patrimoines - museum advisors implement, at the regional level, the policy of the Ministry of Culture in favour of museums.
They are the contacts of the museums of the Great Eastas such, they perform 5 major missions :
- ensure the scientific and technical control of the State over the museums of the Grand Est labelled "Musées de France";
- support projects to renovate or create museums and ensure the smooth running of investment operations;
- support the development and implementation of the Scientific and cultural project (CSP);
- educate the requests forappellation «Museum of France».
- ensure the proper conditions for conservation, the security of the collections and their management by contributing to the restoration and preventive conservation of the works;
- monitor the operations ofinventories and proofing in accordance with statutory instruments.
Definition and evolution of firearms:
Arms Regulation (July 2022):
- organize the scientific commissions acquisition and of catering regional collections of museums in France;
- accompany the policy of acquisition of works through the Regional Museum Acquisition Fund (FRAM) funded by the state and the region.
Learn more about acquisitions : Frequently asked questions "Acquisitions des musées de France"
- support the actions of presentation and valorization of collections (exhibitions, animations, publications, reception), carried out within the framework of the policy of enlargement of the public;
- to examine the files of museums of France in regions that apply for labels or operations carried by the ministry such as the exhibition label of national interest ;
- ensure regional organization and promotion of national cultural operations initiated by the departmentThe European Night of Museums and The Class, the work!, in conjunction with the DRAC Arts and Cultural Education Advisors.
- encourage the professionalization of museums and networking. The DRAC thus supports, for example, theGrand Est Museums Association or the working group "Textiles in Alsace: civil costumes and household linen" ;
- organize training courses, such as the cycle of workshops on the drafting of the plan for safeguarding cultural property(year 2020) organized in partnership with the C2RMF orfwebinar training sessions dedicated to thecomputerization of collections (year 2021-2022);
- ensure the coordination between the Service des Musées de France (SMF) to the Department’s Heritage Branch and territorial museums, allowing them to benefit from the services of the Centre de recherche et de restauration des musées de France(C2RMF) and the SMF’s competences in terms of mediation with the public, technical knowledge in the context of a renovation, or administrative procedures related to the movement of cultural goods.
The DRAC can provide financial support to projects supported by the Museums of France in terms of inventory, proofing, restoration, acquisition, digitization, exhibition, public services, modernization works... These requests are subject to a specific timetable (year N-1).
consult the section Grants - Specific grants Museums of France
Also to be consulted
- Appellation "Musée de France"
- The 10-year financial statement
- Acquisitions of the "Musée de France" collections and the "Frequently asked questions about acquisitions"
- Restoration of the "Musée de France" collections
- List of "Museums of France" in the Great East