At the initiative of the DRAC Centre, a digital platform for information on visual arts in the Centre region was launched this year. It is now accompanied at parity by the DRAC and the Regional Council.
AAAR is the visual arts information and resources site, or «plastic arts» in the Centre-Val de Loire region.
In addition to the homepage, which highlights current events and information, the public has access to five tabs:
- The Agenda regularly updated regional events and exhibitions;
- The Directory identifying and mapping selected regional structures;
- Professional News rows chronologically;
- The Journal presenting more timeless and in-depth editorial content.
- And, since May 2015: The Routes whose starting point for this documentary database is The Vendôme Triennale. The objective is to gradually build up a documentation in evolution, a tool of dissemination/knowledge on the work of artists «today». It is not conceived as an archive and must therefore be updated according to the background of the artists who constitute it.
AAAR.fr wants promote contemporary art attendance in the Centre-Val de Loire region, but also the relationship with the art of our time as it is possible to meet, explore, contribute to…
For this it has four objectives:
- Inform audiences appropriately
- Be a complete tool for professionals and future professionals
- Identify the structures and actors of contemporary art in the Centre region
- Foster collaborations and partnerships