Ciclic: Cinema-Audiovisual Cluster
Ciclic, the regional agency of Centre-Val de Loire for book, image and digital culture, is a public institution of cultural cooperation born in 2012 from the cooperation between the Centre-Val de Loire Region and the State (Ministry of Culture). Based in Château-Renault, Ciclic has an office in Issoudun (heritage centre) and an animation residence in Vendôme.
Several names for an already long story
- 1991 to 2006: association Centre-Val de Loire production workshop (APCVL).
- 2006: APCVL becomes Cultural Cooperation Institution (EPCC) Image center, Centre for Cinema and Audiovisual Regional Agency
- 2012->: merger of Centre Images with Book at the Centre. Centre Images becomes Ciclic, the Centre-Val de Loire regional agency for book, image and digital culture. One multiannual agreement of objectives signed between the State, the Region and the Agency gives a framework to the missions and actions of the latter.
Currently, Ciclic is organized in five poles, two focused on cinema-audiovisual, two transversal, one specialized in literary life:
- The heritage division ensures the conservation and enhancement of regional film and audiovisual heritage
- The Cinema and Audiovisual Cluster supports film and audiovisual projects in the Centre Val-de Loire region
- The education pole sets up and coordinates awareness-raising and arts education activities on images and words.
- Cultural and Artistic Dissemination supports regional initiatives in support of literary works, cinematographic and audiovisual
- The Book and literary life cluster supports the book economy.
Ciclic also offers a animation residency, installed since 2015 in the Rochambeau district in Vendôme.
Many films supported by Ciclic have won national and even international recognition:
. Official Competition / Short Films
Bear time, a short film by Agnès Patron
. Fifteen directors
The Particles, a film by Blaise Harrison
Sick sick sick (Bloodless), a film by Alice Furtado
CANNES 2018 : 6 films supported by Ciclic selected in the various selections of the festivals
An excellent vintage with 1 feature film in competition, 3 feature documentaries and 2 short animated films.
“120 beats per minute” of Robin Campillo
supported by the Regional Fund for Film Creation of the Centre-Val de Loire Region to the tune of €150,000.
- Support Ciclic - Centre-Val de Loire region: production aid
- Other financing: CNC (advance on receipts), Canal+, France 3 Cinéma, Ciné+, Mémento films
- Shooting from 21 September to 6 October 2016 in Orléans (Loiret) and Paris
- Selection : official selection, Competition, Cannes Film Festival 2017
- Awards :Grand Prix, Cannes Film Festival 2017, Prix FIPRESCI de la compétition officielle, Festival de Cannes 2017, Queer palm 2017, Prix François Chalais 2017
selected by the CNC to represent France at the Oscars