Architecture and protected spaces
The Ministry of Culture and its decentralized services are responsible for the management of cultural property inscribed on the World Heritage List for which France is committed to preserving and valuing the Outstanding Universal Value (VUE).
It also contributes, within the framework of a partnership with local and regional authorities, to the implementation of policies for the valorization of heritage, the preservation of landscapes, the awareness of architecture and the labelling (Labels «Ville ou Pays d'art et d'histoire», «Parcs naturels régionaux», «Jardin remarquable» and «Architecture contemporaine remarquable»).
- The promotion of the architectural quality, relations with professional bodies, support to the architectural council, animation of the regional network of institutional and associative actors;
- The diffusion of the architectural culture, the facilitation and support of the regional network of dissemination structures, particularly among young and school audiences, and theaccompaniment to the event creation ;
- The management of protected areas, programming and procedural monitoring of areas for the enhancement of architecture and heritage (AVAP), programming of urban studies and works in the vicinity of historical monuments, management of appeals on the opinions of ABFs;
- The valorization of the architectural production the 20th century, and the implementation of the label Architecture contemporaine remarquable (studies, dissemination, exhibitions, publications, events, within the framework of regional partnerships, support for rehabilitation actions).
The Advisor for Architecture
This network includes:
- Departmental units of architecture and heritage (UDAP);
- Architectural, urban and environmental councils (CAUE);
- The consulting architects;
- The order of architects;
- The house of architecture.
It aims to promote, train and raise awarenessr different audiences to the issues of architectural quality. As part of this mission, he brings his support notably at the House of Architecture and to the Architectural Councils of Urbanism and Environment (CAUE).
It also engages in theinformation of elected officials and works for a work in common regarding the documentation architectural regional.
He participates in the programming of studies and works on the outskirts of historic monuments, in areas of exploration for urban and landscape architectural heritage (ZPPAUP) and in areas safeguarded.