Les conseillers pour les arts plastiques mettent en oeuvre au plan régional la politique de l'Etat dans le domaine de la création contemporaine : peinture, sculpture, installation, estampe, photographie, vidéo, nouvelles technologies de l'image, design, graphisme, métiers d'art, stylisme, etc. Ils exercent leurs missions de conseil, d'expertise et d'évaluation auprès des créateurs, des responsables de structures, des collectivités territoriales et des acteurs divers de la scène artistique dans les domaines suivants :
- the creation
The counsellors provide the necessary information to the artists to facilitate their working conditions and their professional integration. This support can be complemented by support through the following mechanisms:
- individual start-up assistance (AIC)
- allowance for the installation of a workshop or the acquisition of equipment related to the occupation (AIA)
- Investment aid for local authorities or social donors wishing to build workshops;
- home assistance
- Acquisitions of the Regional Funds for Contemporary Art (FRAC);
- 1% artistic
- public procurement
- the dissemination
Advisors review grant applications and monitor the activity:
- Contemporary art centres of national interest;
- Non-contracted art centres
- events to promote contemporary creation, such as biennials and festivals.
Projects must comply with the charter of public service missions for contemporary art institutions.
As regards the dissemination of contemporary art, the DRAC devotes most of its financial resources to the following structures:
- adaptation of premises to professional uses;
- regular opening to the public (five to six exhibitions a year);
- programming in relation to contemporary art and a proven level of quality;
- establishment of a policy of awareness and reception of the public;
- definition of a communication plan;
- Regional, national and cross-border co-productions and networking partnerships.
However, depending on available budgets, some one-time projects may be eligible for a grant. Eligible recipients are: local authorities, public institutions, associations.
- the training
Advisors for the plastic arts are the interlocutors of the directors of higher education institutions, teaching teams and public authorities that support them.
The DRAC Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes pursues a policy of support for higher education institutions, under the pedagogical supervision of the Ministry of Culture, in the field of plastic arts.
- the Aid and grants from the Centre national des arts plastiques (CNAP)
The advisors for the plastic arts issue opinions on the dossiers submitted by the project promoters and under the following arrangements:
- aid to artists (exceptional allocation)
- Research and residence allowance abroad;
- aid to art restaurateurs
- aid for galleries (aid for the first exhibition or the first catalogue)
- Aids for writing and publishing in print or digital form (aid for publishing, research grants, incentives for translation or re-edition);
- Image/Movement (aid for audiovisual creation)