"Live performance" means all performances "produced or broadcast by persons who, with a view to the public representation of a work of the mind, ensure the physical presence of at least one artist of the performance". Dance, music, theatre, in all the diversity of their forms (opera, music of variety, choirs, bands, circus, street arts, tale, puppets...), belong to the living spectacle, as opposed to the recorded spectacle (cinema-audiovisual).
For the structures invested in this sector, the Charter of public service missions of 1998 is one of the reference documents.
The main activities carried out by the Guadeloupe DAC in the field of live entertainment are as follows:
1/ Support projects of cultural structures and independent artistic teams
NB: The awarding of a grant is conditional on the applicant complying with its obligations regarding the legislation relating to the licence of the show contractor.
- Project to create a show by a professional artistic team
The artistic teams (dance companies, theatre, circus, street arts and musical ensemble) can be accompanied by the Ministry within the framework of the device of decentralized aids to live performance (ADSV). In France, around 1300 teams from all disciplines are supported each year. This aid scheme is governed by statutory instruments (decree, decree, circular) which we invite you to read before any solicitation.
Before any request it is advisable to contact the CAD Live Entertainment Advisor, who instructed thehe application files addressed complete in the service. Lhe admissible applications are then submittedes annually for an opinion to an inter-regional advisory committee (Guadeloupe/Martinique), whose members, are chosen for their competence in the fields concerned.
These aids are of two kinds: aid for projects, annual and aid for multi annual agreements. They are awarded after the admissibility of the application has been examined, an opinion has been obtained from an advisory committee of experts in the field of live entertainment and a decision has been taken by the regional directorates.
All requests under the ADSV device are now made directly on the ministry’s dedicated web portal: www.mesdemarches.culture.gouv.fr
- Living Performance Residency Project
CAD can support artistic residencies. These must meet the criteria defined in the Circular of 8 June 2016 on the support of artists and artistic teams in the context of residencies.
- Sadministrative guide and support to the Artchipel - National Scene, institution of the live performance labeled by the Ministry of Culture and Communication. The strategic action of the DAC consists in carefully monitoring the evolution of the organization of the structure, the renewal of its management, the implementation of its projects in line with the specifications of the national scenes and in line with the needs of the territory in which it is located.
- Support to other locations (places of emergence, networks of diffusion, conventioned scenes, etc.) and projects related to the performing arts.
Applicants must send a complete application to the DAC, consisting of a completed CERFA form accompanied by the mandatory additional documents.
2/ Advise artists, associations and cultural structures in the development of their actions
- To instruct or monitor applications for training, diplomas, employment, legislation on entertainment;
- Monitoring the application of the law on the teaching of dance;
- To inform on the examinations of the State diploma of teacher of music, dance and the diploma of State of theatre teaching; to deliver the training booklet for the entry into training DE after success of the EAT, and validate the achievement of the teaching units constituting the ED on this booklet, regardless of the student’s place of residence thereafter (the DRAC who issued the training booklet is the reference for the student for the follow-up of his entire training course).
- Inform structures about the legislation on the licence of the show contractor, which can be defined as a professional licence with the aim of professionalizing the very varied sector of live entertainment by asking any candidate to offer both administrative and legal guarantees. It also allows the control of the social protection system of artists who are in an employee’s situation vis-à-vis their employer, the entertainment contractor.The issuance and renewal of the licence verify the regularity of the situation of the entertainment contractor with regard to its social and regulatory obligations. The CAD investigates applications for show contractor licences.
- Monitor the demands for the employment of children and foreign artists in the show, in conjunction with the Direction régionale des entreprises, de la consommation, de la concurrence, du travail et de l'emploi (DIRECCTE);
- Investigate investment files for unclassified organ restoration projects.