Architecture and Heritage
a dual-skill service
This service ensures the application of the regulations relating to public or private historical monuments of Guadeloupe, by implementing their protection, their conservation and their development.
- identify and implement procedures for legal protection of buildings and inform the public
- instruct and prepare response programs and conduct operations on protected monuments, furniture and buildings
- ensure scientific and technical control
- animate and enhance regional heritage through labels and annual events.
the service works for the promotion of a qualitative and sustainable development of the territory, where landscape, urban planning and architecture maintain a reasoned dialogue between project dynamics and consideration of the heritage. This service is the one-stop-shop for all work authorizations on historical monuments in Guadeloupe.
- The promotion of heritage, architectural and urban quality
- Conservation and enhancement of monumental heritage
- Preservation and enhancement of protected areas
- Management of sites and landscapes.
Useful links for project promoters: