The DRAC Nouvelle-Aquitaine conducts the State’s cultural policy in the field of plastic and visual arts, from the accompaniment of artists, to the dissemination of works to audiences, to the networking of professionals in the sector, in partnership with local authorities.
In the field of plastic arts, the DRAC Nouvelle-Aquitaine:
- accompanies the artists in their creative processThis includes individual start-up aid and installation allowances. It provides them with information and advice to facilitate their working conditions and their social and economic integration;
- promotes the presence of theart in the public space and implements the guidelines of the 1% artistic and of the public order in relation to local authorities (e.g. public order for the Bordeaux Metropole tramway);
- contributes to the structuring of a professional network of artist residencies in the regional territory in urban and rural areas: creation of research and production spaces for young artists in the process of professionalization at the metropolitan level (Fabrique POLA), and rural (Monflaquin, Lot-et-Garonne), Parc Régional des Landes de Gascogne (Contemporary art forest), Agence Culturelle Départementale Dordogne – Périgord (Residences de l'Art en Dordogne).
- follows the activity of the places to promote contemporary art (FRAC, art centres, places where contemporary art is disseminated) as well as events, with a view to increasing public access to works and practices;
- accompanies the reorganization of the structural evolution of FRAC in "second generation" FRAC : the FRAC-Aquitaine in the project of the Maison de l'économie créative et de la culture en Aquitaine (MECA) in Bordeaux, and the FRAC-Artothèque du Limousin in Limoges on the Cooperators' website;
- promotes the structuring of the contemporary art network in Nouvelle-Aquitaine. Thus, from 2016 to 2018, in partnership with the Region and professionals, the Guidance Scheme for the Development of Visual Arts was developed (SODAVI) and signed the first Plastic and visual arts contract in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
- in accordance with article 5 of law no. 2016-925 of 7 July 2016 on the freedom of creation, architecture and Decree no. 2017 – 432 of 28 March 2017, on labels and agreements in the fields of performing arts and visual arts, the service implements the procedure for awarding labels subject to compliance with the “to guarantee freedom of artistic programming, in particular by entrusting to the management responsible for it the autonomous management of an identified budget”, and in the Order of 5 May 2017 setting out the terms of reference for the missions and specifications relating to labels «Fonds régional d'art contemporain», and Centre d'art contemporain d'intérêt national ».