Individual aid to artists
In accordance with Decree no. 2015-92 of 28 January 2015 on the allocation of decentralized aid for artists and on the advice of an advisory committee made up of qualified personalities, the Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs of Île-de France awards grants each year to artists active in all fields of plastic arts (painting, drawing, sculpture, installation, performance, photography, video, graphic design, design). Individual aids to creation (AIC) and allowances for workshop development and acquisition of equipment (AIA); these aids are intended for artists residing in Île-de-France.
• Individual creation assistance or "AIC" allows artists to either conduct artistic research or extend their artistic approach to make it possible to finalize a specific project. On the other hand, it is not an aid to dissemination (exhibition, publishing) nor an aid to communication.
• Workshop Installation Allowance for Fit-up and/or Equipment Acquisition or "AIA" allows artists to finance work in their workplace, to purchase the structural equipment necessary for the practice of their activity.
Decree designating the members of the advisory committee for the allocation of individual aid for the creation and the allowances for the installation of workshops and the acquisition of equipment for the years 2022 – 2022 – 2023
Download the order appointing committee members
Call for AIA and AIC 2023 applications
Applications must be submitted directly to the platform demarches-simplified.fr only between January 2 at 10 a.m. and March 2, 2023 at 12 p.m.
Attention: The SIRET number must be valid and up-to-date to proceed with the filing of the application on demarches-simplified.fr. Incomplete files will not be considered. The different documents (bank details, identification documents, proof of residence) must show identical information in terms of name, address
Allowance for Workshop Installation and Equipment Purchase (AIA)
For more information downloadable document to be modified by the first attachment
Individual Creative Assistance (AIC)
AIC : https://www.culture.gouv.fr/fr/Demarches-en-ligne/Par-type-de-demarche/Subvention/Aide-individuelle-a-la-creation-AIC
For more information downloadable document to replace with the second attachment
Results / Inst Allowanceworkshop training and equipment purchase (AIA)
2020 AIA Winners
A look at the works of artists named for Aide à la Création 2020 (AIA)
2021 IAA Recipients
Presentation of the projects of the winning artists AIA 2021
Results / Help individual at the readyion (AIC )
Recipients - AIC 2019
Download the file below
Profile of the works of the artists distinguished for Creative Aid 2019
Recipients - AIC 2020
Individual Creative Aid Recipients – 2020 Session
Recipients - AIC 2021
Presentation of the projects of the winning artists of the 2021 Individual Creative Assistance Session
Request for a plastic artist’s workshop
The Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs of Ile-de-France offers each year applications from plastic artists to social landlords for the occupation of workshops or workshops-housing.
Only applicants who meet the following artistic and regulatory requirements may register as applicants:
- Work in one or more fields of plastic arts (painting, drawing, sculpture, installation, performance, photography, video, graphic design, design);
- Have a regular creative activity and exhibit his work in places dedicated to contemporary art;
- Be registered at the Maison des artistes or the Agessa.
- Be registered as a social housing applicant;
- Not to exceed a ceiling of resources fixed each year for the allocation of social housing (does not concern workshops without housing) according to the family composition, the location requested and the cost of rent;
Conditions for granting social housing
- Meet one of the priority criteria of the Building and Housing Code (not applicable to workshops without housing);
Conditions for granting social housing
- Be of French nationality or admitted to stay regularly in France.
Order of 1 February 2013 establishing the list of residence permits provided for in Article R. 441-1 of the Building and Housing Code
If you meet all the artistic and regulatory requirements, contact 01 56 06 51 01 or 01 56 06 50 00 to make an appointment and send the scanned documents below in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Updated Artistic Resume;
- Recent art file of less than 10 pages in A4 format It is also necessary to specify the address of your website or otherwise any site presenting your works;
- Copy of the certificate of registration at the Agessa or the Maison des artistes;
- Copy of the last two tax notices for all persons in the household;
- Copy of the certificate of registration as an applicant for social housing https://www.demandelogement-social.gouv.fr/
The 1% artistique
The 1% artistic is a regulatory device which consists in devoting a financing representing 1% of the cost of public constructions to the commission or acquisition of one or more works of art specially designed for the building in question. The Ministry notably publishes on this site the notices of public calls for applications as drafted by the contracting authorities. Consult the website of the Ministry of Culture on the 1% artistic. (link opposite)
The implementing decree
Decree No. 2002-677 of 29 April 2002, as amended, "concerning the obligation to decorate public buildings and specifying the conditions for the award of contracts intended to satisfy this obligation", adopted pursuant to Article 71 of the Public Procurement Code, is the legal text that governs the 1% artistic procedure.
It determines the scope of the 1% (public constructions concerned, nature of artistic interventions) and organizes the procedure of consultation of artists.
Note that two ministries (Defense and Interior) have specified by decree the scope of the "1% artistic" for their constructions.
The circular of 16 August 2006 of the Minister of Culture and Communication relating to the application of the decree is conceived as a guide to use, focusing on specifying the procedure of the "1%", from the consultation of artists to the actual commission of the work. Its reading can be particularly useful to the contracting authorities, by answering the main questions that arise when implementing a 1% procedure.