Museums of France and Maisons des Illustres
The considerable number of heritage establishments, the wealth of collections, the cultural and educational offer make Île-de-France one of the most attractive regions in Europe. It has 131 museums in France, including national institutions, and 91 museums in France belonging to local authorities, associations and foundations that are the subject of scientific monitoring by the DRAC.
Advisory missions and technical aids to museums in France, in application of the Heritage Code (Book IV), are carried out by the Museum Advisors in close liaison with the French Museum Service of the Direction générale du patrimoine et de l'architecture.
40 sites are labeled Maisons des Illustres since 2011, located in Paris and in the departments of small and large crown. Since the creation of the label 10 years ago, the network has provided Ile-de-France with an undeniable wealth in terms of a sensitive, heritage and cultural approach alongside historical monuments, museums in France and exhibition sites.
The DRAC monitors and assists applications for the Musée de France designation, projects for the creation, renovation and expansion of museums and ensures that institutions comply with the obligations of the law of 4 January 2002.
- It organises regional scientific commissions for the acquisition of works and/or objects (purchase, donation, bequest) of museums in France and the restoration of collections.
- It awards grants to respond to requests from museums in France that present projects included in an annual program.
- It manages decentralized funds for the acquisition of works of art to enrich the collections (Fonds régional d'acquisition pour les musées).
- It provides training aids for museum staff (curators, reception and supervisory staff);
- It accompanies the owners of the Maisons des Illust in the structuring and development of equipment;
- It organizes the networks of museums and houses of illustrious by organizing meetings of professionals;
- It monitors museums that do not have the Musée de France designation and sites eligible for the Maisons des Illustres label.
- Isabelle SMADJA (responsible for regional scientific commissions)
- Eric ROBO (Administrative Manager)
- Isabelle CABILLIC – Dpts 77, 94 and 95
- Isabelle LIMOUSIN – Dpts 78, 91 and 92
- Sylvie MÜLLER Head of Service – Dpts 75 and 93
AIDS AND PROCEDURES
You are a French museum of collectivity, association or foundation
- Regional Scientific Commissions for Acquisition and Restoration: Annual Plenary Calendar:
- Project assistance: temporary exhibition, publishing, computerization and inventory, cultural action and public reception, preventive conservation and restoration of collections;
- Acquisition assistance by the Regional Museum Acquisition Fund, FRAM;
- Communication of the event The European Night of Museums.
You are labeled Maison des illustres
- Call for proposals for artistic residencies as part of Summer Culture:
- Promotion du label des Maisons des illustres: regional publication.
Application for grants to the DRAC Île-de-France
Assistance and specific measures Ile-de-France/ Museums