Cultural and territorial action
The field of arts and cultural education, and more generally that of cultural democratization, is one of those that federate energies and voluntarisms. The initiatives under consideration, whether carried out by State departments, local authorities or cultural structures, are numerous and diversified in the Hauts-de-France region.
Each of them contributes to fostering the dual objective of democratization and generalization of access to art and culture and favours an active and inventive encounter with living creation and with heritage.
The Department of Cultural and Territorial Action is responsible for matters of public and territorial interest within a general framework of cultural democratization.
The service contributes to the design and implementation of cultural, transversal and partnership policies in close connection with other DRAC services, other decentralized services of the State and local authorities:
- it develops and supports an active policy of arts and cultural education throughout life, in liaison with the ministries of national education, youth and sports, agriculture, territorial cohesion and relations with local authorities and popular education federations;
- it develops and supports actions to facilitate access to art and culture, within the framework of interdepartmental policies (culture – health, culture – justice, culture – agriculture, culture-disability, etc.);
- it contributes to the cultural development of the territories and to the enlargement of the public in the framework of partnerships and agreements with local authorities (regions, departments, communities of municipalities);
- it ensures a mission of valorization of the heritage (Cities and countries of art and history, the Houses of the Illustrious) ;
- it ensures a mission of accompaniment of the policy of the city in its dimension art and culture;
- it accompanies the initial and continuing training of cultural and educational actors (CFMI, DAFOP, IUFM, specific programme,...).
What is a residence-mission for the purposes of artistic education or cultural and territorial action?
It is for the artist-in-residence to engage artistically in a process of experimentation for the purposes of
cultural democratization or cultural and territorial action using the most powerful of its levers,
arts and cultural education.
Almost always on the scale of a territory – the intercommunality via the EPCI - the residence-mission favors the child, the adolescent, the young adult, but also the citizen in all his life time up to the great age.
A residence-mission therefore contributes decisively to the artistic and cultural education process
(P.E.A.C.) which must be guaranteed to each young person at his different times (school, extracurricular, extracurricular).
This does not exclude, beyond this youth, a consideration of the family and the adult entourage.
Secretariat Address: email@example.com
Contact information for team members is detailed in the
"Who does what to the DRAC Hauts-de-France?"