Arts and cultural education in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
Arts and cultural education and its generalization are a priority for the Government. Its stakes are: the transmission of the common heritage, cement of our French and European society, factor of openness to the world and awareness of our role as legatee of the heritage of humanity, the understanding of the artistic gesture and the creative process, as well as the introduction to artistic practices and the development of creativity.
- the art workshop Practical work carried out all year round between a teacher and a professional, with where possible pedagogical reappropriation, cultural opening actions (shows, exhibitions).
It is the teachers who fill in a file with the artistic partner, which will be transmitted for validation to the rectorate (college and high school) as well as to the DRAC .
- specialty courses in high school (optional and/or compulsory courses, with compulsory professional partners in theatre, cinema and dance).
The opening of an option is an official decision taken by the National Education, with DRAC if an artistic partner is requested.
- the twinning between one or more cultural structures and the local schools which make it possible to propose a set of actions based on the artistic activity of the structure (access to works, knowledge of the place and the cultural professions, meetings, practical workshops, training). They are mainly developed in the Grenoble Academy. In the Academy of Lyon, similar schemes have retained the old name of territorial centres of arts education.
- School of Cinema, College and Cinema, Students and apprentices in cinema or the establishment, monitoring and evaluation of image and film education systems, especially for young audiences, in partnership with the Ministry of National Education, professionals and mediators.
The Culture Pass is a public service device available to young people, via a digital application, that promotes access to culture in order to strengthen and diversify cultural practices, revealing the cultural richness of the territories.
Since May 21, 2021, the Culture pass is open to 18-year-olds who benefit from a €300 credit to access cultural goods and offers in all sectors.
Since January 1, 2022, the program has been extended to young people aged 15 to 17. It has two components: an individual component and a collective component.
Arts and culture education is a territorial approach and is a shared responsibility between the State and communities, aimed at bringing children and youth to a personal perspective on the world and open to innovation.
To carry out this policy various forms of partnership are engaged with local and regional authorities
- Agreement with the departments of National Education and local authorities: Region, Departmental Councils, allowing co-financing of projects, monitoring of cultural structures, choice of priorities.
- Agreement between a municipality or community of municipalities and the DRAC , in a local arts education plan, for a more systematic action in schools, mobilizing cultural structures of proximity, implementing the path of the student.
- An arts education component is specified in more general conventions of the type cultural development conventions, or the objective conventions of the scenes agreed, co-signed between the
and the municipality or community of municipalities.
Depending on the projects presented, other structures or artistic teams may receive funding.
- Higher education institutions are supported by support for projects coordinated by a cultural service: support for students' amateur practices and initial and continuing training, supervised by a professional in the various artistic fields.
For all these actions, the regional cultural affairs directorate can help to finance the remuneration of the cultural worker who must be attached to an artistic team, if possible to a cultural institution.
The criteria are always her professionalism (recognized by the Sector Advisors based on the curriculum vitae and art file) and her ability to work in partnership.
In any case, the idea is to give priority to the approach, the encounter with the artist or the structures, the works, to encourage the enrichment of students, to make them aware of the cultural environment and to introduce them to artistic practices and contemporary creation.
The pedagogical and cultural project must be developed jointly by the teacher and the partner.
The projects are for the most part studied in conjunction with the departments responsible for cultural and artistic action in the academic directorates (one mission officer per department) for schools and colleges, the rectors (one delegate per academy) for high school projects, and increasingly with the community concerned.
Information on the setting up of the projects can also be provided by the responsible for national education (mission officers in each academic directorate and academic delegation to the arts and culture at the rectorate), the pedagogical advisers of the National Education, the personnel of the cultural structures in charge of the services of the public.
The collaboration between the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of National Education is specified in a set of texts:
- the Charter for Arts and Cultural Education
- Ministerial Circular No. 2007-003 of 10 May 2017 on the development of an ambitious policy of arts and cultural education in all times of the life of children and adolescents
- National Education Circular n°2013-073 of 03 May 2013: the Arts and Cultural Education Pathway
- Interdepartmental Circular 2008-059 of 29 April 2008 on the development of arts and cultural education
- the interdepartmental circular no. 2007-009 of 12 April 2007 defining the resource centres for arts and cultural education (PREAC)
- Education/Culture Policy Circular of 03 January 2005 on Arts Education Policy
- Law No. 88-20 of 06 January 1988 on Arts Education
Do you have a plan?
You are an educational institution: Contact your Academic Delegation for Arts and Culture
You are a community, an artist or a cultural structure: Contact an advisor of the cultural and territorial action pole of the DRAC