Architecture Department of the DRAC Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
« Architecture is an expression of culture. The architectural creation, the quality of the constructions, their harmonious insertion in the surrounding environment, the respect of the natural or urban landscapes as well as the heritage are of public interest” (Art. 1 of the Architecture Act of 3 January 1977). As such, the DRAC Architecture Department helps to define and implement the architecture promotion policy at the regional level.
It accompanies the regional implementation of the national strategy for architecture.
The architecture department
- animates the network of actors of architecture of the region and provides scientific, technical and financial support to the structures of diffusion of architecture, mainly the Councils of Architecture, Urban Planning and Environment (CAUE), the houses of architecture, national architecture colleges and associations.
- accompanies the establishment of Remarkable Heritage Sites (SPR) and ensures their financial support;
- participates in supporting the interdepartmental policy of revitalization of medium-sized cities;
- contributes to the definition and implementation of the missions of the State Consulting Architects assigned in DRAC;
- accompanies the Pôle de Ressources Education Artistique et Culturelle (PREAC) architecture;
The Architectural Advisor represents the Regional Director in his role as Government Commissioner to the Regional Council of the Order of Architects.
What is the outstanding contemporary architecture label ?
Consult the list of buildings and urban complexes labeled Outstanding contemporary architecture in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes :