A campaign promise by the President of the Republic, the Culture Pass is a project led by the Ministry of Culture which aims to bring culture closer to all citizens. Designed for all audiences, and especially those who are or feel excluded from culture, it aims to inspire young generations to participate and give them access to artistic and cultural proposals throughout the territory.
Open and shared, the Culture pass application, which geolocates cultural offers, results from a co-construction process conducted continuously with young participants in the experiment and cultural actors.
Since 1er In February 2019, more than 16,000 bookings of cultural offers were made thanks to the Culture pass in the five experimental departments (Bas-Rhin, Finistère, Guyane, Hérault, Seine-Saint-Denis). Among the goods and activities popular with young users:
- books (nearly 6000 orders),
- concerts and music festivals (more than 2,600 reservations)
- online music (more than 1700 bookings),
- online videos (more than 1500 bookings).
Building on the lessons of the first wave of experimentation, the deployment of the Culture Pass continues and now extends to 150,000 young people:
- It will be accessible to all 18-year-olds, residing in the first 5 departments of experimentation (Bas-Rhin, Finistère, Guyane, Hérault, Seine-Saint-Denis).
- 7 new territories, at the request of elected officials from different communities, will integrate the experiment: the whole of the Brittany region (Côtes-d'Armor, Ille-et-Vilaine and Morbihan), the Ardennes, the Doubs, the Nièvre, the Saône-et-Loire, Val-de-Marne and Vaucluse.
The process will be the same as for the first phase of experimentation: after registration on the site https://pass.culture.en/, verification of their eligibility and activation of the 500 euros in their Culture Pass, the beneficiaries will be able to book all the activities and cultural goods listed.
This new stage of experimentation will allow to continue and enrich on a larger scale the analysis of the uses of young users especially at a more qualitative level.
I invite all the cultural actors, in the territories of experimentation, but also all those who wish it elsewhere in France, to propose to our youth, on the eve of the summer -season par excellence of festivals and desires of cultural outings- rich and varied outing options, to show them, if it was still necessary to prove it, your dynamism and the diversity of the cultural offer in France. Be there for the tens of thousands of young people who will soon benefit from the Culture Pass!”
Franck Riester, Minister of Culture