CLOSING OF APPLICATIONS FOR THE SECOND EDITION OF THE FRENCH CAPITAL OF CULTURE LABEL: SIX COMMUNITIES IN COMPETITION
6 communities applied for the designation of the second French Capital of Culture on 14 May 2022, the closing date for the submission of applications.
These applications are spread over 6 regions and come mainly from communities of communes:
- Alès Agglomeration (Occitanie),
- Beauvais and agglomeration community of Beauvaisis (Hauts-de-France),
- Bourg-en-Bresse and Grand Bourg Agglomération (Auvergne – Rhône-Alpes),
- Issy-les-Moulineaux (Île-de-France),
- Country of Montbéliard Agglomeration (Burgundy – Franche-Comté),
- Communauté d'agglomération Territoires vendômois (Centre – Val-de-Loire).
All these applications will be examined by a national jury appointed by the Minister of Culture. In the first stage, the latter will carry out a pre-selection of projects to which the regional cultural affairs directorates will be closely associated. The result of this screening will be known at the end of June 2022.
The jury will hear the successful candidates in November 2022. The Minister of Culture will designate at the beginning of December 2022 the commune or the grouping of communes labeled «French capital of culture» for the duration of the year 2024.