Bruno Le Maire, Minister of Economy and Finance, and Françoise Nyssen, Minister of Culture, will participate in the «Fashion Forum #2: the meaning of fashion» on Friday, November 10, 2017 in Bercy.
This day dedicated to professionals will highlight the innovative and creative identity of this sector of activity. It is organized by the Ministry of Economy and Finance and the Ministry of Culture, in cooperation with the DEFI (Comité professionnel de développement économique de l'habillement), the Federation of Haute Couture and Fashion, the French Women’s Porter Loan Federation. It is supported by the Union Française des Industries de la Mode et de l'Habillement, the Union des Industries Textiles and the Fédération des Enseignes de l'Habillement.
The theme of this second edition is «Fashion sense». Brands are facing new challenges today; what values and visions of the world does fashion want to transmit today? The organisers wish to reiterate how innovation and creativity are at the heart of this sector of the future. The research and new technologies developed in the fashion sector are also important factors of cultural and economic influence for France.
During the day, five round tables will address these issues and will be punctuated with moments of exchanges with professionals, institutions, public authorities, young creators and young technological companies present. The themes will be:
- fashion tech and innovation
- Plural research
- The new training ecosystem
- The values of fashion
- Digitalization of business models
9am HOSPITALITY CAFE
- Opening speech by Bruno Le Maire, Minister of Economy and Finance
- Remarks by Pascal Morand, Executive President, Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode and Pierre-François Le Louët, President, Fédération Française du Prêt-à-Porter Féminin
Animation: Karine Vergniol, Luxury/Lifestyle Journalist at BFM Business.
10h00 #1 FASHION TECH AND INNOVATION
Fashion innovation is taking on a whole new form: designers are taking over new technologies while entrepreneurs 4.0 are interested in this rapidly changing sector.
- Introduction by Clarisse Reille, Executive Director, DEFI
- Marie Fauchadour, Director of the Business Unit Innovation & Public Policy, presentation of the Alcimed study
- Thierry Petit, Co-Founder and Co-Chair, showroomprivé.com
With the participation of the three winners of the 2017 fashion tech innovation with Andréa Gilet, Euveka (Andam prize); Tony Pinville, Heuritech (LVMH prize); Florence Faure, Dress in the City (Look Forward Festival prize).
11h00 #2 MULTI-FACETED RESEARCH
Fashion today gives rise to a flowering of research, sociological, historical, heritage, creative, marketing, scientific, technological. What new avenues are open to this research?
- Maximilien Abadie, Director of Strategy – Lectra
- Maude Bass-Krueger, PhD - University of Leiden and IHTP – CNRS
- Alicia Birr, Senior Strategic Fashion and Luxury Planner – Google France
- Sophie Kurkdjian, Dr. IHTP-CNRS Research Associate. Archives and Heritage Officer, FHCM Jacques-Hervé Lévy, Director General - IFTH
- Benjamin Simmenauer, Professor – IFM
THE NEW TRAINING SYSTEM
Fashion teaching in France is now taking a turn; when fashion schools collaborate to strengthen energies and their joint international presence, Private and public initiatives offer innovative learning and employability formats.
- Introduction by Lyne Cohen Solal, author of the report «la mode, industrie de créativité et moteur de croissance» and President – Institut National des Métiers d'arts
With the participation of:
- François Broca, Director - School of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne (ECSCP)
- Laurent Scordino, Director - Ecole nationale supérieure des arts appliqués et des métiers d'art (ENSAAMA)
- Marc Partouche, Director - Ecole nationale supérieure des arts décoratifs (ENSAD)
- Eric Devaux, Director - Ecole nationale supérieure des arts et industries textiles (ENSAIT)
- Annie Toulzat, Director - École supérieure des arts appliqués Duperré (ESAA Duperré)
- Christine Walter-Bonini, Executive Director - Ecole supérieure des arts et techniques de la mode (ESMOD)
- Sylvie Ebel, Deputy Director General - Institut Français de la Mode (IFM)
- Chantal Fouqué, Director - La fabrique - Ecole des métiers de la mode et de la création
- Stéphanie Kunert, Diploma Manager – Université de la Mode Lyon 2
- Jérôme Marcilloux, Director - ITECH
- Jean-Luc François, Director General, Founder - Association Jean-Luc François and Artistic Director - Jean-Luc François.
- Florence Rambaud, Director - Institut des Métiers d'Excellence LVMH
13.00 BUFFET LUNCH
Meeting with start-ups Daco, Tagwalk, De Rigueur, Askanna, Induo, Euveka, Heuritech, Dress in the City
14h30 #4 THE VALUES OF THE MODE
Fashion is at the forefront of contemporary change. The values of creativity and freedom that it naturally conveys are enriched by the momentum of sustainable development and know-how.
- Eric Boel, President and CEO - Tissages de Charlieu, President – UNITEX and President – Alter-Tex Association
- Orianne Chenain, Director of Strategy - Fashion Tech Lab
- Kym Ellery, founder - Ellery House
- Youssouf Fofana, co-founder - Maison Château Rouge
- Sébastien Kopp, co-founder - Veja
- Tuomas Merikoski, Founder and Artistic Director – Aalto
15:30 #5 DIGITALISATION OF ECONOMIC MODELS
The economic models of fashion companies are undergoing profound changes. All functions of the company and the markets are concerned, especially marketing, distribution, communication and customer experience.
- Presentation by Maxime Coupez, Head of Innovation Strategy - Fabernovel
With the participation of:
- Pascale Colony, Vice President for Development - Farfetch
- Stéphane Distinguin, Founder and President – Fabernovel, President – Cap Digital and President – La grande école du numérique
- Lisa Gachet, founder - Make My Lemonade
- Tatiana Jama, Founder and CEO - Selectionnist
- Julie Pellet, South Europe Development Manager - Instagram
Regis Pennel, founder - The Exception
16:30 #6 TESTIMONY
- Alexandre Mattiussi, founder, president and artistic director - AMI
- Nicolas Santi-Weil, President - AMI
- Loïc Prigent, journalist, documentalist and founder - Deralf
Address by Françoise Nyssen, Minister of Culture