The Fonds d'encouragement aux initiatives artistiques et culturelles des amateurs (FEIACA) supports artistic and cultural initiatives of amateur groups. The Ministry of Culture supports these initiatives through the artistic intervention of the professional who accompanies the project.
Presentation of the device
What is FEIACA?
The Fonds d'encouragement aux initiatives artistiques et culturelle des amateurs (FEIACA) provides support amateur arts and cultural initiatives. It voluntarily targets a specific part of these amateurs: those who choose to group together to develop their practice in a more autonomous way and thus go beyond a practice of courses, internships or workshops. They then embark on a different adventure with collective projects in which their choices and their artistic approach assert themselves and evolve through the exploration of new writings, new disciplines by meeting artists and/or cultural professionals.
To support these projects, the Ministry of Culture provides support by providing a grant which allows amateurs to be accompanied by a professional artist.
This device is intended to identify, support and promote each year a series of projects and initiatives that reflect the diversity of cultures and modes of artistic expression of amateurs through all languages, musical, dramatic, choreographic, plastic or visual.
It is also planned a youth component: for the youngest, they can be accompanied to promote the formation of a group wishing to develop a more autonomous collective practice, to develop their artistic choice and to develop their project.
Objectives of the approach
- Encourage artistic initiatives by amateur groups
- Encourage meetings with artists
- Take into account the new artistic and cultural practices of the French (performing arts, visual and visual arts outside cinema)
Am I concerned by this approach?
Eligible groups are:
- consisting of at least 4 persons having an amateur artistic practice in live performance or visual arts
- composed exclusively of amateur artists (non-professional)
- whose projects are the initiative of group members
You will find all the criteria of the device in the Rules of the device, downloadable at the bottom of page.
Groups are not eligible for FEIACA support for two consecutive years. Groups that have already been eligible for FEIACA assistance in previous years are not priorities.
The intervening artist cannot be the usual intervenor of the group or an artist with whom the group would be used to working.
It is between 1,000 and 5,000 euro, up to 50% of the total project budget.
For selected projects: the Regional Cultural Affairs Directorate or the Cultural Affairs Directorate in your region will inform you of the decision and the amount of assistance allocated to your project starting in the summer of 2023. She will send you the procedure to follow for the award of the grant (Cerfa n°12156*05 accessible en ligne).
The following will be studied:
- The artistic risk-taking moving the usual practice of the group, that is to say the challenge that constitutes for the group the investment of new repertoires, new techniques, new aesthetics... ,
- The relevance of the project’s artistic objectives, particularly with regard to the group’s career,
- The match between the artistic objectives of the group defined in the project and the content of the artistic intervention (speaker: artist or cultural professional, in person).
In general terms, the coherence of the means and the planned timetable for the realization of the project will be studied.
Will also be appreciated:
- The presence of a programme of cultural activities complementary to the project and artistic practice,
- The discovery of the actors of the artistic and cultural life of the territory,
- The exploration of new technologies for creation,
- Partnerships developed within the framework of the project (room loan, dissemination assistance or exhibition, assistance to meet audiences, etc.).
- Application deadline: 15 March 2023, midnight (Paris time). No file may be filed or considered after this date.
- Commission meeting: first half of June 2023
- Announcement of results: first half of July 2023.
At the end of the project, a financial and project balance sheet will be required and should be addressed in conjunction with your region’s RDCA and DG2TDC.
- To access the online form, click on the "Access form" button at the bottom of the page.
- Log in or create an account, then let yourself be guided.
Examples of projects previously supported
You can consult the key figures and examples of projects supported in 2022 via the documents available at the bottom of the page.
If you have any questions about FEIACA, please contact:
General Delegation for Transmission, Territories and Cultural Democracy (DG2TDC)
01 40 15 32 67 and 01 40 15 87 70
182 Rue Saint-Honoré 75001 Paris
or the regional contacts listed below:
- Emmanuelle Charrier, Project Manager: email@example.com