To encourage the emergence of artistic projects, the Ministry of Culture supports artists with individual creation grants that help fund their research and the development of works.
Presentation of the device
What is Individual Creative Aid (AIC)?
Each year, several hundred artists can receive individual creative assistance to enable them to carry out an artistic project or research, without necessarily leading to the realization of a work. This aid makes it possible to finance the development of an artistic project in any field of visual arts: painting, drawing, sculpture, installation, performance, photography, video, digital art, graphics, design, styling and fashion, taking into account the artistic interest of the project, the conditions of its realization and the professional approach of the applicant. In addition, this aid includes, in addition to documentation and production costs, remuneration for artistic work.
The regional directorates for cultural affairs (DRAC) or cultural affairs directorates (DAC) provide concrete support for the creation and production of professional artists established in their territories.
Individual support for creation is provided by the Decree of 28 January 2015 on the allocation of deconcentrated aid for artists authors of graphic and plastic works and by theOrder of 3 April 2015on the procedure for granting such aid.
Objectives of the approach
The creation aid aims to allow artists to develop their artistic project in all its forms.
Am I concerned by this approach?
- Individuals (artist-authors)
The applicant must:
- be a working professional artist
- have a SIRET number and be registered with the business formality centre
- reside in France
- have an artistic practice in the fields of graphic and plastic arts
The beneficiary undertakes to declare this aid as part of its tax obligations (income tax) and social (from the URSSAF responsible for collecting contributions).
The applicant must submit his application to the decentralized service of the Ministry of Culture (DRAC) of his region of residence.
The projects presented by a collective are eligible provided that:
- be the subject of a single application
- be registered by one of the members appointed by the collective
Are not eligible:
- legal persons (associations, local authorities, public institutions, private bodies)
- natural persons not resident in France
- the students
- projects focusing exclusively on dissemination, exhibition or communication
- projects submitted to a decentralized service of the Ministry of Culture that is not that of the artist’s or collective’s place of residence
The beneficiary of an Individual Creation Aid (AIC) may not be entitled, in respect of the same year, to the allocation of a Workshop Installation or Equipment Purchase Allowance (AIA).
This aid includes, in addition to documentation and production costs, remuneration for artistic work.
The amount of the allowance may not exceed 8.000 € per applicant.
An advisory committee is responsible for issuing an opinion on the allocation of aid. The composition of the committee is determined by order of the Prefect of the Region.
The award decision is then notified to the applicant. Without a response within 9 months, the application must be considered rejected (silence is refusal).
The beneficiary of a creation aid may not, in respect of the same year, be entitled to an allowance for the installation of a workshop or the purchase of equipment (AIA).
The Panel will consider, among other things:
- the artistic interest of the project
- the conditions for carrying out the project
- the applicant’s professional approach
- Opening of the filing: 02 January 2023
- Application deadline: 02 March 2023, 12:00 p.m. (noon) Paris time. No application may be submitted or taken into account after this date.
An implementation report must be provided to the decentralised service of the Ministry of Culture no later than 1 year after obtaining the aid.
- To access the online form, click on the "Access form" button at the bottom of the page.
- Log in or create an account, then let us guide you.
Examples of projects supported previously
If you have any questions about the workshop installation allowance or the equipment purchase allowance, you are invited to contact the deconcentrated department of the Ministry of Culture of your place of residence:
If you have any questions about AIC in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, please contact:
It is recommended to make an appointment with the advisors before submitting the application online.
If you have any questions about CSA in Burgundy-Franche-Comté, please contact:
If you have any questions about IYC in Greater East, please contact:
- Laurent Innocenzi, Advisor (Departments 08, 10, 51 and 52): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marie-Claude Nicolas, Assistant: email@example.com ; 03 26 70 36 99
- Franck Bauchard, Advisor (departments 54, 55, 57 and 88): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christine Ricci, Assistant: email@example.com ; 03 87 56 41 62
- Bernard Goy (departments 67 and 68): firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about AIA in Normandy, it is strongly recommended that you meet with the Advisor for Fine Arts before submitting your application, by contacting:
- Sylvie Bouhier: 07 64 80 61 16; email@example.com
Please enter your phone number
Below is the composition order of the DRAC Normandie commission:
For questions on theAIA in Nouvelle-Aquitaine, you are invited to contact:
- Joëlle MAZOYER, Administrative Assistant (general information and case management): firstname.lastname@example.org / 05 55 45 66 76
- Gwénaëlle DUBOST, Councillor (Department 17): email@example.com / 05 49 36 30 29
- Mathieu BORDES, Counsellor (Departments 16, 19, 23, 24, 79, 86, 87): firstname.lastname@example.org / 05 55 45 66 77
- Bertrand FLEURY, Advisor (Departments 17, 33, 40, 47, 64): email@example.com / 05 57 95 01 67
If you have any questions about the AIC in Saint-Berthélemy, please contact:
If you have any questions about IYC in Saint Martin, please contact: